26.4K mile Black 1994 Lightning at Glendale Mecum

94BlaclLightnin

Prior to the start of the telecast for the Thursday Mecum auction at Glendale AZ a Black 1994 SVT Lightning sport truck went through the auction.

Some of the highlights were:
- 26,400 original miles
- One owner for the last 17 years
- Comprehensive records
- Original purchase order
- Window sticker
- Financing documents
- Promotional brochures
- Maintenance logs
- AM/FM cassette radio
- Sliding rear window
- Standard rear bumper (not the tubular)
- Excellent bed condition

High bid was $40,000 so the bid goes on!

.https://www.mecum.com/lots/1112087/1994-ford-f150-svt-lightning-pickup/?aa_id=569670-0

This truck is scheduled for houston April 5th

I really wanted to be impressed by that truck, but the more I looked the less I was. The steering wheel, exhaust, and crossmember all scream half assed effort. And no mention of the actual miles on the truck. Probably drives like crap and that's why they're selling it after 1400 miles on the work.

I really wanted to be impressed by that truck, but the more I looked the less I was. The steering wheel, exhaust, and crossmember all scream half assed effort. And no mention of the actual miles on the truck. Probably drives like crap and that's why they're selling it after 1400 miles on the work.
I love the idea of that swap, and like that it appears that it doesn't require chopping up the engine cradle portion of the frame. But that exhaust would be changed as soon as it came off the trailer. :oops:

I love the idea of that swap, and like that it appears that it doesn't require chopping up the engine cradle portion of the frame. But that exhaust would be changed as soon as it came off the trailer. :oops:
Same. Maybe my expectations were too high? I was expecting something professional and got a hack job out of somebody's garage at home. To put all that money into buying the engine and then do those other things is a mystery to me. The exhaust looks like it came from the local muffler shop for $150. The two primary pipes are larger than the single pipe they go into. Just a complete hatchet job that could have really been nice without a whole lot more effort.

Back