For Sale: 1993 Lightning big post

Adam@CGM

$15000- price only negotiable in person and honestly im not going to take very much less then asking. For the first time in the 20+ years of owning my black 93' I've decided to put it up for sale. This wasn't an easy decision!! I'll spare yall the long story why. Anways, here we go I'll list here what I can remember as this truck has ALOT of work and parts in it. Backstory on its history- I purchased this truck from Brian Baskins an OG of NLOC somewhere around 04'-08'(don't remember exactly). He was the second owner. The truck was originally bought from Fred Beans Ford in PA.(original window sticker comes with the truck.) Through the years this truck has been cataloged pretty much every step of its life here on NLOC until about 6 or 7 years ago when I became "inactive " we'll call it. My screen name previously was stroked93' for those that have been around for awhile. And, this trucks build number is listed here with that screen name. Build date of 6/24/93. I'm not gonna go through any more history then that cause it's very lengthy. I'm going to list the parts and mods front to back the best I can. I know 100% I will forget something. This was a 5 year long frame off build. Everything on this truck is either brand new or been completely refinished or rebuilt...and I mean everything! -frame = completely removed, media blasted and epoxy coated, the rear stiffening plates had been removed and that area of the frame (above the rear) was once again plated, all riveted crossmembers have been gusseted and welded using a custom frame jig(to lessen distortion), all shock mounts and front spring buckets are new, truck is lowered using Beltech hangers and springs up front, Beltech Sport drop shocks are new, wheels are stock refinished in near perfect condition wrapped with General Grabbers performance tires also new. 78" Lightning Rodder traction bars are used but, refinished with new poly bushings, all bushings are new Energy Suspension throughout. - body = new paint in the proper Ford paint code, new bedside and tailgate decals will be included in sale as well as new f150 fender badges and new SVT emblem for tailgate. The hood is a Keystone steel small cowl hood with all new hardware and custom SS gas shocks, all door hinges are new, all door handles are new, rear sliding window is new, all window and door rubbers are new, all lights have been converted to LED throughout with clear head lights, the bed is coated with 3M coating and has a new Extang cover, the underside of the complete truck is also coated with bed coating. I had planned to have the truck wet sanded/buffed before I put the decals on even though it's damn near perfect the way it is, the bumper is a smooth bumper that I swapped some time ago, rear bumper is the factory tube bumper(as shown on the window sticker) that has been coated internally with new caps. - brakes= factory for the most part, drilled rotors, EBC pads, SS hard lines ,braided SS hoses, deleted the RABS stuff and installed a Wilwood proportioning valve that will need tuned again..all new including master cylinder and reservoir. - steering = Saginaw power steering pump Ford conversion, new rebuilt steering gear, new heavy duty steering shaft, custom made braided SS lines with power steering cooler - driveline= rear housing and axle tube is epoxy coated, axle tubes welded to center section, Ford Racing tracloc differential w/4.10 gears and carbon fiber clutches, Moser street axles, custom length Sonnax aluminum driveshaft with driveshaft safety loop installed, I believe the ujoints are Brute Force, Spicer slip yoke at transmission, fully built E4OD to handle the expected 500-550hp of the engine, (Im not going to list the transmission parts as its very long and been years since it was built)3000 stall Circle D triple disc converter , TruCool transmission cooler with custom mounts and AN lines, all new wheel bearings and seal throughout...again everything is new! - engine = this is long!! The 403cid ,10.75:1 compression ratio engine was built by CGM Motorsports in Millersville, MD where I worked for roughly 12 years. I know I will never be able to put everything in text!! The block is a factory 95' roller block originally from Lightning Ralph's red truck (look it up youngsters), ARP studs in mains, Eagle connecting rods, Scat forged stroker crank, JE Forged pistons, Total Seal rings, King bearings, Melling HV oil pump blueprints, Canton oil pan with custom windage tray and crank scraper, Profesional Products harmonic balancer, Pioneer flexplate, poly motor mounts, Comp Cams hydraulic roller 228/232 .600/.600 (I can't find the cam card but, to the best of my recollection these were the specs), Scorpion link bar lifters, Comp Cams gold roller rockers with girdle, fabricated valve covers, Trick Flow upper and lower intake, 90mm Wilson throttle body with custom "Madramper style" CAI, FAST dual sync distributor, Taylor wires, ProComp cylinder heads with a butt load of work done...berrilium seats, manganese guides, Manley valves, Manley dual springs with titanium retainers, Viton seals..the list is probably alot longer on these heads as I did them myself during my employment at CGM and spared nothing on them, 15 gallon fuel cell in bed with custom vent into the fuel fill door on bedside, Behind Bars fuel rails, complete Weldon fuel system!!, all AN lines and fittings, 42lb/hrs Ford injectors, custom built breather/coolant over flow tank mounted in factory location, MSD 6al mounted in glove box, A/C delete with factory Ford heater only box in engine bay, FAST XFI ecu mounted in factory Ford Lightning center seat, Baumann Quick4 also mounted in center seat (was trying to kinda hide alot of stuff for kinda that sleeper thing see pics). I know I've forgotten many, many things!! Pretty much every nut and bolt on this truck is new!! And that is no exaggeration!! Exhaust is dual 3" exit in front of rear wheels on each side, H pipe and Borla mufflers, all custom, SS long tube headers and honestly I can't even remember what brand they are but, I had purchased them from a member here. They were specifically made to fit the Lightning platform and they were not cheap! The exhaust is all v-band stuff for easy disassembly. All gaskets, seals and hardware on this engine are the best you can buy. I guess that covers it.....Now for the little bit of "bad" and additional info. The front valance is a brand new Cervinis piece but, unfortunately it cracked when taking the truck to dyno. Not at all bad, probably wouldn't even notice it once installed, probably easily repairable too. The truck had been completely stripped of all unneeded wiring and rewired and I think the windshield wiper motor is either wired incorrectly or it was bad out of the box because last I remember it kept popping the fuse. The HID headlights worked the first time I tried them but, stopped. Not sure what's up with it, never went any further. That's really all the bad. The truck WILL NEED tuned!!! It was dynoed and was starting to be tuned but, a couple issues came up. First, it was loosing cam sync due to me trying a custom made pick up setup. The crank trigger and distributor cam sync were swapped with the FAST dual sync distributor and everything should work flawless now. A couple good pulls had been made but, the factory Lightning intake manifold was limiting the max rpm range of about 6500rpm to around 5200rpm. The Trick Flow intake setup was installed and all should work flawless now. The transmission controller has a Lightning tune on it from Baumann but, it will need tweeked as well. The truck was chirping the tires hitting 4th ON THE DYNO!! It's possible the valve body will need softened up in the 3-4 shift. Potential buyers need to be aware....the truck was completed and on the dyno roughly 6 years ago. Though everything on it is new and 0 miles have been put on this truck it has been sitting outside under a cover since. Proper procedures will need to be taken!! This is NOT a get running in the driveway and drive home truck and I will NOT sell to anyone thinking so. I have much personal attachment to this truck and I will sell it occordingly!! The price I'm asking of $15000 is a fair price for an awsome truck. I will not entertain lowball offers. It will not take very much to get it running. If anyone has any questions please message me here on NLOC and ask around about me or the truck.(previously known as stroked93') Rest assured I will do the same. I really want this truck to go to one of you guys who will love it the way I cannot. Thank you all NLOC!!.. oh, forgot this..custom Autometer dash and the speedo will need calibrated. The interior is all stock and id say its a 7 out of 10. 20231209_140810.jpg20231209_141215.jpg20231209_140042.jpg20231209_135513.jpg20231209_135534.jpg20231209_135606.jpg20231209_140553.jpg20231209_140005.jpg20231209_140022.jpg20231209_135619.jpg

Gregg Rudder9 can tune this. Let him work his magic and relive why you became a Lightning runner in the first place.

I guess Gregg is still around then, huh?....your making this harder Jim!! I've lost his phone number along the years. Last I talked to him he was real pressed for time as he was building a family. I'll get in touch this week Jim. Maybe I can be persuaded.

I never, ever would've guessed that was Baskin's truck. That truck visited me in Indiana for a while when his engine rebuild didn't turn out too well and I got it going again for him. Your restoration is nothing short of stunning. All of the work is just amazing.

I agree, your price is way low for a truck that complete and well done.

I guess Gregg is still around then, huh?....your making this harder Jim!! I've lost his phone number along the years. Last I talked to him he was real pressed for time as he was building a family. I'll get in touch this week Jim. Maybe I can be persuaded.
Greggs still around. His L is now a monster, twin snails, runs 10’s total beast that he hasn’t turned up to full boost yet. He would surely help if you asked.

Don't sell it Adam. You'll regret it. Pick away at it and enjoy it. Plus your price it way to low. First number needs to be a 2

I agree, priced too low. Set it high and let them talk you down if you want. The market has risen for these trucks (see Hagery, Bringatrailer, et al).

The post is hard to read, I asked ChatGPT to clean it up. Is this the first use of ChatGPT on this forum? It's not perfect, but it's better:

$15,000 - price only negotiable in person, and honestly, I'm not going to take very much less than asking. For the first time in the 20+ years of owning my black '93, I've decided to put it up for sale. This wasn't an easy decision!! I'll spare y'all the long story why. Anyways, here we go. I'll list here what I can remember as this truck has A LOT of work and parts in it.

Backstory on its history - I purchased this truck from Brian Baskins, an OG of NLOC, somewhere around '04-'08' (don't remember exactly). He was the second owner. The truck was originally bought from Fred Beans Ford in PA. (The original window sticker comes with the truck.) Through the years, this truck has been cataloged pretty much every step of its life here on NLOC until about 6 or 7 years ago when I became "inactive" we'll call it. My screen name previously was stroked93' for those that have been around for a while. And, this truck's build number is listed here with that screen name. The build date is 6/24/93. I'm not gonna go through any more history than that because it's very lengthy.

I'm going to list the parts and mods front to back the best I can. I know 100% I will forget something. This was a 5-year-long frame-off build. Everything on this truck is either brand new or been completely refinished or rebuilt... and I mean everything!

• Frame: completely removed, media blasted, and epoxy coated. The rear stiffening plates had been removed, and that area of the frame (above the rear) was once again plated. All riveted crossmembers have been gusseted and welded using a custom frame jig (to lessen distortion). All shock mounts and front spring buckets are new. The truck is lowered using Beltech hangers and springs up front. Beltech Sport drop shocks are new. Wheels are stock refinished in near perfect condition wrapped with General Grabbers performance tires also new. 78" Lightning Rodder traction bars are used but refinished with new poly bushings. All bushings are new Energy Suspension throughout.
  • Body: new paint in the proper Ford paint code. New bedside and tailgate decals will be included in the sale as well as new F150 fender badges and a new SVT emblem for the tailgate. The hood is a Keystone steel small cowl hood with all new hardware and custom SS gas shocks. All door hinges are new. All door handles are new. The rear sliding window is new. All window and door rubbers are new. All lights have been converted to LED throughout with clear headlights. The bed is coated with 3M coating and has a new Extang cover. The underside of the complete truck is also coated with bed coating. I had planned to have the truck wet sanded/buffed before I put the decals on, even though it's damn near perfect the way it is. The bumper is a smooth bumper that I swapped some time ago. The rear bumper is the factory tube bumper (as shown on the window sticker) that has been coated internally with new caps.
  • Brakes: factory for the most part, drilled rotors, EBC pads, SS hard lines, braided SS hoses, deleted the RABS stuff, and installed a Wilwood proportioning valve that will need tuned again. All new, including master cylinder and reservoir.
  • Steering: Saginaw power steering pump Ford conversion, new rebuilt steering gear, new heavy-duty steering shaft, custom made braided SS lines with power steering cooler.
  • Driveline: rear housing and axle tube are epoxy coated, axle tubes welded to the center section, Ford Racing tracloc differential w/4.10 gears and carbon fiber clutches, Moser street axles, custom length Sonnax aluminum driveshaft with driveshaft safety loop installed, I believe the u-joints are Brute Force, Spicer slip yoke at the transmission, fully built E4OD to handle the expected 500-550hp of the engine. (I'm not going to list the transmission parts as it's very long and been years since it was built) 3000 stall Circle D triple-disc converter, TruCool transmission cooler with custom mounts and AN lines, all new wheel bearings and seal throughout... again everything is new!
  • Engine: this is long!! The 403cid, 10.75:1 compression ratio engine was built by CGM Motorsports in Millersville, MD where I worked for roughly 12 years. I know I will never be able to put everything in text!! The block is a factory '95 roller block originally from Lightning Ralph's red truck (look it up, youngsters), ARP studs in mains, Eagle connecting rods, Scat forged stroker crank, JE Forged pistons, Total Seal rings, King bearings, Melling HV oil pump blueprints, Canton oil pan with a custom windage tray and crank scraper, Professional Products harmonic balancer, Pioneer flexplate, poly motor mounts, Comp Cams hydraulic roller 228/232 .600/.600 (I can't find the cam card but, to the best of my recollection, these were the specs), Scorpion link bar lifters, Comp Cams gold roller rockers with a girdle, fabricated valve covers, Trick Flow upper and lower intake, 90mm Wilson throttle body with custom "Madramper style" CAI, FAST dual sync distributor, Taylor wires, ProComp cylinder heads with a butt load of work done... beryllium seats, manganese guides, Manley valves, Manley dual springs with titanium retainers, Viton seals.. the list is probably a lot longer on these heads as I did them myself during my employment at CGM and spared nothing on them, 15-gallon fuel cell in bed with custom vent into the fuel fill door on the bedside, Behind Bars fuel rails, complete Weldon fuel system!!, all AN lines and fittings, 42lb/hrs Ford injectors, custom-built breather/coolant overflow tank mounted in the factory location, MSD 6al mounted in the glove box, A/C delete with a factory Ford heater-only box in the engine bay, FAST XFI ECU mounted in the factory Ford Lightning center seat, Baumann Quick4 also mounted in the center seat (was trying to kinda hide a lot of stuff for kinda that sleeper thing, see pics). I know I've forgotten many, many things!! Pretty much every nut and bolt on this truck is new!! And that is no exaggeration!! Exhaust is dual 3" exit in front of the rear wheels on each side, H pipe and Borla mufflers, all custom, SS long tube headers and honestly I can't even remember what brand they are but, I had purchased them from a member here. They were specifically made to fit the Lightning platform and they were not cheap! The exhaust is all v-band stuff for easy disassembly. All gaskets, seals, and hardware on this engine are the best you can buy. I guess that covers it..... Now for the little bit of "bad" and additional info.
The front valance is a brand new Cervinis piece but, unfortunately, it cracked when taking the truck to the dyno. Not at all bad, probably wouldn't even notice it once installed, probably easily repairable too.

The post is hard to read, I asked ChatGPT to clean it up. Is this the first use of ChatGPT on this forum? It's not perfect, but it's better:
I'm not the best especially on a phone....I can't see a damn thing anymore!! Had to start wearing readers...

So, where's the best place to try and sell this truck? I've gotten nothing from here or Marketplace except a couple scammers and someone asking for help working on their truck. Wrong time of year?

I'll see if my friend mechanic would be interested. He just finished installing the suspension and alloy wheels on his Silverado and the new owner would fetch it. He was looking at this S10 as the next project but the owner still not deciding to let it go yet.

Delivery to new owner completed yesterday. Sold to a real good guy 5 hours north of me near New Haven, CT. I believe he is a great candidate to carry the torch. He said he was a member here but, had been awhile since he was active. So, you guys may see him around. Thank you all for your support during this difficult time!!.. But seriously, it was time and I feel good that it's in good hands!! Good luck Quinn and stay in touch!!

Delivery to new owner completed yesterday. Sold to a real good guy 5 hours north of me near New Haven, CT. I believe he is a great candidate to carry the torch. He said he was a member here but, had been awhile since he was active. So, you guys may see him around. Thank you all for your support during this difficult time!!.. But seriously, it was time and I feel good that it's in good hands!! Good luck Quinn and stay in touch!!
Great to hear she is with a good guy.

Back