John Coletti says.......

SoCal-L

"We invite them to racetracks. Ford says, "If you race your car, you void the warranty." But [to us] this is not abuse: This is what the cars were made for. My attitude [about warranty claims]
is to give the customer the break. But I'll say when he comes in three weekends in a row and claims he blew his motor on the way to church, well............................"

-Ford's director of SVT Products John Coletti talking about SVT Owners
Autoweek Dec 1, 2003
;f

Well he should live by his words.. Therefore, they should be printed and sent to every service manager in the United States.

That's Ford's upper management at it's best!! Talking out the sides of their mouths. When listning to Ford, believe half of what you hear and read....

Their brochure says how the Lightning "will launch with aggressive assurance at a drag strip, then turn around and carry 800-pound payload."

It says nothing of voiding your warranty in the brochure or owners manual if you take the vehicle on a track. I take my truck in this week for the piston slap and a other quality issues.

I'd say that opens the door for a lawyer. Insinuating to the customer it's ok to go to the track if it's in your brochure!! Then if they find out it's by,by warranty...

My 01 Lightning is the last new Ford I buy, even on A plan. I don't need keep going to the dealer to fix stupid stuff. If they would just engineer the vehicle right the stock might go up......

I feel sorry for all of you Ford employees out there. It's got to be tought to work at a company and NOT feel good about buying the companies stock!

That just plain sucks!

i work for ford. if i had the money i'd buy their stock too.

grampa got 250K in ford stock, he made 250K off of it, then 911 happened and lost the 250K that he made on it. i think its worth 300K right now. no use selling it now though, it will come back around.

The pendulum sways.

Redneck Ferrari,

The company isn't doing anything to make my life better. Our stock is in the dumps and I continue to buy it low. I just hope the company doesn't go belly up!

I will always buy Ford. Just not the new poor quality we've been dishing out. Same goes for the Ford Dealers. Ford needs to get on their AZZ on customer service and relations.

No denying I'm pizzed at the company. We are paying to keep way too many upper management positions in the company and letting the workers go in engineering to help with the quality issues. The dealer is only going to install the parts. The quality comes from the vendors , engineering and line workers.

Bill Ford is running the company like his Detroit Lions football team. Poor management, poor execution with no game plan but to protect upper management positions...Must be nice to be able to order a $1K bottle of wine at lunch when your a Ford V.P on the 10th floor at World Headquarters.

Everyone has their own personal agenda...There is no communication and there is no team...It just sucks. I just got the layoff papers. They let the indians go THAT CARE, and find new ways to keep the $400k+ a year chiefs. They aren't going into their engineering cloths and start building cars.

Thor01 said:
I just got the layoff papers.

Are you serious?!! Man, that sucks!

I'm also within the Ford oval, well just outside of it. It's called Visteon, but still a Ford employee, I think. I supposedly have a chance to go to a Ford facility, just have to choose one.

Thor01, Sorry to hear about that bud.

For the most part they are just so fat that they cannot function as if they were a small company. You know? One that *has to* make it work or else go out of business.

I'll share a hyprotical time I had with them.

I was asked to write a design manual for them. See they had let all the *seasoned engineers* go to cut costs..... they realized that they did'nt have anyone in house that could actually engineer the particular widget I worked with. Since I had 6+ years engineering it for them as a tier 1 supplier, I was asked to provide them a design manual that any "step in" engineer could use to get a good foot hold with. I did. And then some too! Funniest part about all this? I'm not educated enough for them to actually hire as that same exact position would require! So I'm educated and experienced enough to do 6+ years of work for them.. (***Work that they cannot them selves do***) But I'm not good enough to actually hire directly.

The waste I've seen would boggle your mind.

:? Rich

Just received my check from dealer for canceling my extended warranty . I figured I bought this L to have fun and any mod other than a cool air or an air freshner voids the warranty anyhow. 12-10-03 back to JDM for headers Hi flow cats , traction bars and phelonic spacer drive shaft loop and new tune . I knew when i bought the warranty that money would come in handy:3g:

I too have gotten laid off from Ford recently. They are cutting back on everything but big fat pay checks to the *important* people. I guess the techs in their shops arent important enough to the company since three of use got laid off about a month ago.

I was hired on 100% FALSE statements and pretext. I was hired being told that there would be PLENTY of overtime and ROOM TO GROW and how they have had employees of Ford for over 25 years, well that job was so great it lasted six months with nothing in return, not one thing I was told I would recieve during my interview did I actually get. Thats the last time I work for Ford.

Sorry just saw this post and had to vent!

-Scott:bm:

ScottCBA1 said:
I guess the techs in their shops arent important enough to the company since three of use got laid off about a month ago.

I was hired on 100% FALSE statements and pretext. I was hired being told that there would be PLENTY of overtime and ROOM TO GROW-Scott:bm:
You were a TECH for Ford? The techs in the Ford buildings around here NEVER got much overtime. We were warned when we joined the skilled trades NOT to choose auto mechanic, as there was MAYBE a saturday or two a month at most for overtime. Been that way forever.

ScottCBA1,

I too was a tech at Ford. We just finished up on the 04 Mach 1 and was working on the 05 Mustang GT when the lay off papers hit. I understand that Ford management has to do what they feel is right for the comapany. I have no say in the matter and can only hope something better comes from this. If it's going to bring up my stock, then fine!

The little worker bees are getting off'd and that company is going to be left with bean counters and upper management left to point the fingers when the chit storm hit's the fan. It's brewing big time.

The 05 Mustang looks great. That's about it. I can't give details other than many die hard mustang guys will be disapointed. If you own a Mach 1, you bought the best N/A mustang. At least you can still mod it. The new one is going to be out of reach of you average bolt-on's.

I too have a friend getting the lay-off papers at Visteon sheldon plant. He has just over 30 years and they said were paying you too much. We want the 12 an hr people in. If Ford would have let some of the 43 Line Directors & V.P.'s in the company go, that would have kept some of us around to ensure a somewhat quality product.

Jim O'connor is messing up the company with their revitalization plan. Worse than "Jack the Knife." If Ford would have let Nasser go after Firestone to re-coupe some of the 4 billion, Ford wouldn't be in as bad of shape. I guess Billy being married to a Firestone axed that idea." Guess he didn't want to see the News Paper Headlines...."Ford vs. Firestone" or something. Arrogant silver-spoon in the mouth, Pizz ant!!

The Irony of it is, Firestone is japanees owned!! Who really cares in this day and age. Look at his car company now. They are #3 auto maker now. Behind a japanees company. The new F-150 isn't selling as planned. The 05 Mustang is a bucket of bolts... Billy is in a world of hurt.

I bet Iacoca is laughing his azz off right now....Good luck Billy!! As a ex-worker, I can tell you this. It's going to get worse for your company being spread thin like it is....Buckle up the rest of the ride is down hill.....

You cut upper management first! Then work your way down. You doing the opposite tells me your not smart enough to hold the position your in...Go back to runing the Lions

;c

Last edited:
Thor01 said:

The 05 Mustang looks great. That's about it. I can't give details other than many die hard mustang guys will be disapointed. If you own a Mach 1, you bought the best N/A mustang. At least you can still mod it. The new one is going to be out of reach of you average bolt-on's.

:eek:

Gitchi,

I dont know man at the last shop I worked at I made as much overtime as I wanted, then I came to Ford and they promised 40+ hours every week. I worked for them for 6 months and I think I got one check that had four hours of overtime and that was it. Pretty weak in my opinion.

The promised me paid training, then when I would submit my test grades they would only pay me for half the time that each course was setup for. My complaints can go on and on.....Ford is going..excuse me, Ford HAS GONE down the sh*tter.

The times are changing....just today the last descendant of Walt Disney was asked to resign from the company, whats next the oldest company in the automobile industry will go belly up??;g

Its back to the job hunt for me.

-Scott;f

Sounds like a real huge mess. I hope you guys find work soon. What is going to happen in the next 10 years in this country is this: Lots of people making more than 20 bucks an hour or more than 40K a year will be losing their jobs to compete with the 3rd world countries that are taking our jobs. You have the greedy bastards at the top to thank for this. Take some advice from me, and I will follow the same: Don't go into debt anymore unless you have to. Things are going to get worse before they get better in this country, unfortunately. And I do hope and pray that I am wrong!

To top management in ANY US corporation, worker bees are indistinguishable from copier paper. Or stated another way

Why is a corporate hierarchy like a bunch of monkeys in a tree?

The ones on top, when looking down, see nothing but smiling faces looking up; while those on the lower branches, when looking up, just see a bunch of a$$holes!

upper mgt. including CEO's,CFO's etc have NO clue what the workers are doing.

The Co. I work for fired our CEO over a year ago. He got roughly 14million, thousands of shares of stock and a monthly
settlement that we could retire on. He cut a lot of jobs in his short stay and our stock dropped to an all time low. With a
contract like that obviously he wasn't to afriad to take chances and could care less about the employees. Cut his settlement in half and everyone could still have a job and I doubt seriously he would have missed it.

I am so sick of these Corp. CEO's and such making these huge salaries while laying off there people. I personally couldn't sleep at night if I were them.

I could go on and on here but I will stop.

I'm sorry for those of you who have lost their jobs - that sucks big time.
Good luck to you on your job search.

That said; while Ford has obviously lost touch with their patrons, they seem to have lost touch with their employees long ago.

Back