Expedition console

slow94

Any of you guys ever done or seen a gen 1 with an expedition console? I technically have one laying around and am playing with the idea of color matching it opal grey and installing in the truck.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I've seen a few photos on line of new interior swaps on OBS trucks. They look pretty good

I saw a post on a FB page two days ago with one sitting in a truck. let me see if i can go back and find it.

this guy name is Matt Meredith on facebook and he posted these two photos. the page is for members only so i can't get a link.

1714647662165.png
1714647704212.png

That big opening would be perfect for some sort of Android tablet displaying data and/or tuning items. Or a place for a CAN keypad and a Quick4/6

That big opening would be perfect for some sort of Android tablet displaying data and/or tuning items. Or a place for a CAN keypad and a Quick4/6
It's exactly where I would put the quick 6. My expy console has the AC controls on it as well so I would have to delete that and make a plate for it...

I saw some gen 2 trucks with the expy consoles that were manual conversions.

I've seen those too, but I think the console sits farther back and the shifter comes up through the open area in front of the cupholders. On an 87-96 I think it would be in the cup holder area in 2-4-R. Don't know if it could be moved back or not.

True. I removed my middle seat today and started picking up the expy console. Definitely going to install in. Should be fun

Where did you source it, junk yard?

Where did you source it, junk yard?
Well I actually already had it. I meant to say *mocking* it up not picking it up. My dad got it like 10 years ago and it just sat in his garage. He passed a few years ago so it's just been sitting around. Figured I may as well put it to good use. Hopefully I can find a nifty way to mount the quick 4 to it.

I don't know if this is a sign from the Lightning gods but I came here to search for information on this exact mod. I'm hoping to make a junk yard run here in the next week weather permitting. What year of Expedition do I need to keep an eye out for?

I don't know if this is a sign from the Lightning gods but I came here to search for information on this exact mod. I'm hoping to make a junk yard run here in the next week weather permitting. What year of Expedition do I need to keep an eye out for?
Should be 1998-2002

Started doing some work. Painted the cup holder assembly black. Removed the A/C controls and starting making mounts for the quick 4. I plan on painting black those side aluminum pieces to match. Got some more work to do to make a permanent mount but I'm getting there
52e111971a6e41c2350b753794f46b68.jpg
034b0f9f1499df86bf74fb5ef71fc20e.jpg

Back