US131 Motorsports Park (MI) The MADNESS grows at US 131!

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Last year Midnight Madness had a poor attendance rate and management was on the brink of canceling all efforts to capture the street scene, then I was hired.

I am happy to report that the series has been deemed by all the management figures including myself as successful as we draw in record amounts of racers and spectators. It's important for everyone to understand that my efforts to create this series and expand it is only limited by the support of the series, basically if there is a demand I can create anything (within reason). If you want to grow the series into being more often, hold more onsite entertainment, give money to winners it CAN be done as long as we continue to grow on our already great car count.

With this said, I have the three biggest events coming up. The first one is Domestics versus Imports, the most popular race according to the surveys I did months ago. Due to the popularity of this event, I was able to secure the most important day at a race track, a Saturday (June 17), and open the gates 2 hours early than usual by starting it at 7pm (running till 2am). This will allow for the racers from the east side of Michigan and beyond to attend.

The second event is on a Sunday June 25, called the Fastest Club Shootout & First Annual BBQ. Initially my GM was hesitant about holding it on a Sunday, being that it’s our only day off; however, I persuaded him with the idea that it would allow people from all over the state of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana, to make a day trip to the track and race against an all street car populace for 8 hours for only $10 a car and $5 to watch! His second concern was that the track has a no cooler policy, however, with this event and the Manufacturers Fan Fest with Picnic we would allow people to bring food and BBQ in. I persuaded him on the idea of having an open cooler policy for JUST these two days on the basis that clubs would be inclined to hold there annual BBQ at the track versus the boring parking lots and poor supporting facilities (Bathrooms, electrical hookups, etc.) they usually hold it in. Nonetheless as you can see by the schedule he went with it and I have gotten great feedback for the event, from clubs in the aforementioned three states interested in being declared Michigan's fastest Club. Many clubs are bringing their own audio equipment, bands, canopies, BBQ, family and friends to liven up the festivities! If you belong to a club and would like an area specifically reserved for your club; please e-mail me and I would happy to set up an area for you. It's on a first come first choice basis, and spots are filling up rapidly.

People who do not currently belong to a club are also welcome to race throughout the day and if you interested in joining one, we have a clubs for every type of car.

The third event and the biggest in the series is Street Wars being held on July 15 a Saturday between 5pm to 2am. Street Wars has NEVER been done before as I have designed it. Whereas all the other weekend/one day events such as IHRA Street Warriorz is just open to a test and tune and NOPI's NDRA is for professional racers, Street Wars is the only one day PURSE EVENT for amateurs. To make it more enticing for all, although the price to race in this event is 25, we are giving $15 of that to the winner and runner up of each class.

Although it sounds silly, I like to remind everyone NOT TO BE SCARED to race in this, as their will be NO professionals racing and although their might be a few cars with slicks, they will only be there to test and tune and will NOT be racing in any of the classes. It is for legitimate STREET CARS ONLY, as I have designed the classes to ensure slower cars have a legitimate chance to compete and have fun. Also, there is car show and decibel competition with a high purse and just added to the venue is the Porters Performance Highest Horsepower shootout (portable dyno will be onsite).

Since the number one interest in the surveys was an onsite portable dynamometer, I upheld my promise by securing a relationship with Porters Performance so that they will bring their Dyno onsite for four different events. Check the site for details.

To further enhance the series, I created "The Champions Race". It will be held on October 15th during the last Midnight Madness event of the year called, "Manufacturers Fan Fest with Picnic." As the Champions Race is an exclusive invite only race for the fastest 30 street cars in Michigan, the only way to gain entry into it is to either be the winner or runner up in a previous Midnight Madness Event. To enhance the venue there is, at no additional cost to the racers, an opportunity for the winner to win a purse! (Undetermined amount of money at this time).

To ensure everyone has a chance to be recognized on US131's official website that gets over 30000 HITS A DAY, I write article highlighting each race and created a list of Michigan's Fastest Street Cars (that participate in Midnight Madness Finals).

Also, if anyone has pictures or movies of midnight madness please contact me as I would like to post it on the web page.

Thank you for your continued support by keeping the attendance and participation levels high at the events and keep the feedback coming!

Check the website for more details and updates.
http://us131motorsportspark.com/midnightmadness.asp

See you at the track,

Bryan C. Harrison
bryan@us131motorsportspark.com
Manager of Track Development
US131 Motorsports Park

Back