Upgrades for #772

My IATs always pull down during a hit, so it gradually puts more timing in. I don't typically have any IAT retard during full boost, WOT.

I also ramp up to 12 psi at 100 mph (since my accident, I start at 6 psi until 30 mph, then ramp up to 10 at 60, then 12 at 100) but I hardly ever see that on the street. I'm usually just at part throttle. and let off about 80-90 mph.

Boy that's the truth, when it was 100+ here my IATs were in the 135-140 range, and drop dramatically as temps cool. Biggest drawback I've seen so far with E85 (besides initial extra hardware requirements) is the variability at the pump. Flexfuel sensor is awesome for that, but even so I notice some swings in A/F as E85 varies.

Facts! The highest I’ve seen mine on a high 90’s day was 197° and that was when I didn’t have enough fuel flow to go past 4800 rpm and 9psi. I’m sure it would get up there with 12psi at 6200rpm.

I hate that about E85. I’ve heard it fluctuates from vendor/ pump before. I guess you have to build in some cushion like you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My IATs always pull down during a hit, so it gradually puts more timing in. I don't typically have any IAT retard during full boost, WOT.

I also ramp up to 12 psi at 100 mph (since my accident, I start at 6 psi until 30 mph, then ramp up to 10 at 60, then 12 at 100) but I hardly ever see that on the street. I'm usually just at part throttle. and let off about 80-90 mph.

Smart! I don’t have a boost controller so can’t do that yet. Honestly this is the first vehicle I’ve had with this much power so I’ve got some seat time to put in.. but boy is it a blast! I’m loving boost!!

Really would lower that timing a touch on 93 octane and those iat's.. for reference I run 16-18 degrees with a very efficient intercooler and e85. Now that is at 20+ psi with my turbo. That's as far as I'm comfortable pushing it. Now before intercooler when I had the Novi 2000 I saw like 230+ intake temps at 23 psi and 14-15 degrees timing. It never detonated but I did end up lifting a head just barely with how much cylinder pressure it was making.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Tuning complete! Truck is running really good and strong. 12.5psi of boost at full tilt with 16° total timing. AFR right at 11.8. Perfect for 93 octane per the tuner. Maxing out 60lb/hr injectors at 98% duty cycle. Will be looking for a bigger set most likely E85 compatible.

Built another tune with 1 more degree of timing from 4500rpm up. Will see how that does as well.

Next up:
Trans rebuild
Lowering kit install
Paint

Ok went back looking at tunes and logs. I misspoke on the timing which is probably why you guys went into help/ protection mode(thankfully). It was 16 on the high timing file which turned out to be too high and caused spark knock. The initial tune was the same as above but timing at 14 total but again with a safety decrease based on MAT temps. Also, important to note that my MAT sensor is still located in OEM location in the intake runner.

Thanks again for everyone’s help and insight! Keep it coming..

I was certainly wondering how you were getting away with that much timing, especially with those IATs.

I've tried to adopt the attitude that I don't have an optimized combo and I don't need to look for every bit of power it can make. Little cam, OEM intake, old AFR 185s. When/if I take it to the track, I'll throw some 100 octane in it and crank up the boost, which is certainly an advantage of being turbocharged. It's a mid 11 second truck now the way I drive it and will make the 305s complain shifting into 3rd. My guesstimate would be yours is about the same level, David. You've got a bit better combo overall, but non-intercooled and supercharged.

I was certainly wondering how you were getting away with that much timing, especially with those IATs.

I've tried to adopt the attitude that I don't have an optimized combo and I don't need to look for every bit of power it can make. Little cam, OEM intake, old AFR 185s. When/if I take it to the track, I'll throw some 100 octane in it and crank up the boost, which is certainly an advantage of being turbocharged. It's a mid 11 second truck now the way I drive it and will make the 305s complain shifting into 3rd. My guesstimate would be yours is about the same level, David. You've got a bit better combo overall, but non-intercooled and supercharged.

After seeing all the comments, I was wondering myself..lol

Agreed. I’ll be glad if it’s in the low 11’s.

After seeing all the comments, I was wondering myself..lol

Agreed. I’ll be glad if it’s in the low 11’s.

Planning to add inter cooler anytime soon? It gets HOT in Georgia!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Added new 1330x Spicer u joints and a Copperhead driveshaft loop. Think I blew a baffle out of the muffler. Started rattling and now my AFR is showing 20 on the gauge but have 36psi of fuel pressure so I think the baffle is in the way of the exhaust flow causing weird readings with the wideband. Will check it out this weekend.

5f2871f8abafa52552deb1feb4b6444d.jpg

cc6c16a4c4f2e4803e3d016ed4dd5310.jpg

Planning to add inter cooler anytime soon? It gets HOT in Georgia!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny you should ask. Was just looking at old posts Tuesday for the size I would need. And did some shopping. I’m holding off for a little bit but definitely on the list of future mods.

Changed the exhaust set up again thinking the last set up was too restrictive.

Turned out looking great but damn is it loud. Not much drone though. I kept seeing YouTube videos talking about how quiet the Borla proXS’s are and went that route but I’m thinking I’m going to have to Y the 2 -3” pipes to a 4” over the axle out the side pipe kind of like Jeff’s set up. The good thing is the 4” over the axle pipe is available mandrel bent by dynomax for $80. Fits a F250. So should fit or may need minor adjustments.

I’m really hoping this will get the sound far enough away from the cab to make it bearable.

Good thing is I know it’s making more power because my tune was instantly lean(around 12.2-12.5) through the higher rpm with boost.

3aad4f9e8d06b113e484129ffda3fb74.jpg

bfb7463270f2d3ff4df089698203cbcd.jpg

2f01f4d21e66d8caaa0c5e4e3ac63a86.jpg

I’m surely hoping so. I have mixed
feelings about it.. I kind of like it rowdy but need it quieter in the cab for sure!

I’ll be interested in what you find out, I need to quiet mine down big time because the giant mufflers I put on it didn’t do didly

Raymond I saw one time you had a sound meter. What kind was that? I'm thinking about get one. If I do ill check my sound level out. Mine seems very quiet for what it is until I really get on it. I know my truck would be a lot quieter than yours with the same exhaust but I'm really happy with the large magnaflos and I don't think you could build a less restrictive exhaust.

Raymond I saw one time you had a sound meter. What kind was that? I'm thinking about get one. If I do ill check my sound level out. Mine seems very quiet for what it is until I really get on it. I know my truck would be a lot quieter than yours with the same exhaust but I'm really happy with the large magnaflos and I don't think you could build a less restrictive exhaust.
I just picked up a cheapie one off Amazon, definitely let us know if you get one and measure. https://amzn.to/3Exmy5N

Back