Upgrades for #772

I just watched an episode of Roadkill where they used a Hooker multi-mode attitude adjuster system on a LS swap. Kinda cool idea for those who want the best of both worlds. Hooker uses a dual path muffler and a y-pipe.

Cost aside using just the Hooker EVC to just baffle the exhaust after the muffler might work wonders.

I just watched an episode of Roadkill where they used a Hooker multi-mode attitude adjuster system on a LS swap. Kinda cool idea for those who want the best of both worlds. Hooker uses a dual path muffler and a y-pipe.

Cost aside using just the Hooker EVC to just baffle the exhaust after the muffler might work wonders.

I’ll have to check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so picky about the way my vehicles sound. I have no issues sacrificing a bit of power for a particular "tone" and volume level. I want deep, I want some burble, and I don't want drone or loud. Do I really care at this point, given that I don't race anymore, that there may be power hiding in there? Nope.

I am so picky about the way my vehicles sound. I have no issues sacrificing a bit of power for a particular "tone" and volume level. I want deep, I want some burble, and I don't want drone or loud. Do I really care at this point, given that I don't race anymore, that there may be power hiding in there? Nope.

That’s where I’m at too Jeff. I hate loosing power for any reason due to lack of efficiency. But I’ve come to a point where it’s a needed sacrifice for enjoyment and that’s what the priority is for me at this particular time.

If I drove my truck more I would change mufflers to be quieter. I just put the roush exhaust on my 2012 raptor. That's about right maybe a touch loud. Engine masters have done a bunch of exhaust episodes that do a good job of trying every possible combo and how much power each can handle. Some of the results were really surprising.
I like the exhaust setups with electric cut outs. I may play with that at sometime.

I just went dual 3” Corsa pro series out the side. I love everything about it, BUT it will scare the crap out of anyone within 100ft if you stomp that pedal. Happens on the freeway when passing cars so it would be nice to be able to tone it down. Since our trucks kinda dictate where the muffler goes you don’t have effective tuning by hanging the muffler at the end like other cars. So really the only options are electronic valve control. We all have mufflers we like, but each has a sacrifice I think would be overcome by having that EVC. If any of you know boats Captains Call is a fairly common approach. I don’t have room to divert to another outlet so restricting on demand is my next step.

I just went dual 3” Corsa pro series out the side. I love everything about it, BUT it will scare the crap out of anyone within 100ft if you stomp that pedal. Happens on the freeway when passing cars so it would be nice to be able to tone it down. Since our trucks kinda dictate where the muffler goes you don’t have effective tuning by hanging the muffler at the end like other cars. So really the only options are electronic valve control. We all have mufflers we like, but each has a sacrifice I think would be overcome by having that EVC. If any of you know boats Captains Call is a fairly common approach. I don’t have room to divert to another outlet so restricting on demand is my next step.

I like that idea too!

Back