Tuning the E4OD

Blown349

I am tuning a stock trans. with a Tweecer, FLY1 computer with AHACA strategy.

I changed the Table - torque_table to match the engine output at load. This table has load on the y axis and RPM on the x axis.

Increase the RPM for the initiation of shifts.
I have added 500rpm to the wide open shift point Scalers. It is important to remember that this is the RPM that the shift starts. I have listed the Scalers & stock RPM shift initiation numbers below:
trans_wot_shift_rpm_12 - 4,100
trans_wot_shift_rpm_23 - 4,250
trans_wot_shift_rpm_34 - 3,850
This worked, but the shifts were slow and mushy! I needed to do more.

I changed trans-tv-pressure-xx Function, where xx is 12, 23, & 34. This Function has TP on the y axis and TV on the x axis. I changed the last four cells for 1st to 2nd from 8, 8, 15, & 15 too 18, 20, 25, & 25. Now she has a little snap into 2nd at TP values approximately 2/3rds to WOT! I also brought-up the TV pressure for 2nd to 3rd in the last four TV cells from 2, 2, 5, & 5 too 10, 15, 20, & 20. This firmed-up those shifts.

I also changed with the Function - trans-shift-schedule-xx (again xx is 12, 23 or 34). It has Throttle Position (TP) on the x axis and Miles Per Hour (MPH) on the y axis. I changed the last five cells for MPH from 23, 26.5, 28.5, 34, & 34 to 25, 35, 40, 45, & 45. This should allow the engine to wrap to greater RPM/greater MPH before shifting into second.

I added 7 MPH for downshift Functions 21 and 32. It will now drop into the next lower gear sooner when I stomp on it!

It shifts at higher rpm, firmly, and downshifts earlier when I mash the go fast pedal! :eek:ldtu:

Last edited:
Back