Things are starting to come together

Was the old balancer machined so adding the crank trigger wouldn’t push the lower pulley out too far?

Why not buy the innovators west balancer with built in crank trigger magnets?

Was the old balancer machined so adding the crank trigger wouldn’t push the lower pulley out too far?

Why not buy the innovators west balancer with built in crank trigger magnets?
I thought you had mentioned to me it was machined way back when. Anyway when I measured it, it has a .180 register so .030 seems to have been taken off. But the way the lower pulley keeps pulling loose there's definitely not enough register to help keep it in place. IW makes a balancer with a 4 magnet hub and then they also make up to a 12 magnet trigger wheel which is where I got the idea for the wheel I made in Solidworks. **But I do not want to lose that much resolution. However if what I am making does not work I will get their 12 magnet wheel and remove one magnet making it a 12-1 wheel and swap crank sensors and be done.

Thank you, me too. Once you put that blower kit on you’ll have a giant set of NASA parts on the front of the crank too
Blower is on, going to stick with my baby 7inch pulley. Test drive was safe mode on the way to TMS and sitting in line for an hour at the LMR cruise.

So I gave up on my crank trigger wheel dream. There's just no way to make it all work unless you machine the balancer or lower pulley hub. So I swapped to a 12 magnet front cover balancer still kept the thicker "blower hub" option.. I'd prefer the increased accuracy of the 36-1 wheel over a 12-1, but I do not think it will be any big deal. Hopefully will get it all back together this weekend if work permits...

20221105_040009318_iOS.jpg

20221105_040031228_iOS.jpg

Raymond, check the frame (engine cradle) while you down that far to make sure there aren't any cracks. Because if there are any where the ibeam pivot bracket bolts you'll need to pull the shortblock to fix it.
Interesting this may be the "pop" I could never find on my truck will look as I rebuild her!

Interesting this may be the "pop" I could never find on my truck will look as I rebuild her!
The, the what!? Adding another feature to look for on my truck. So far I’ve lucky enough to catalog enough of the known issues from here in my lizard brain that when something is off I’m already hitting the checkout button with the stuff in my saved lists. Having a Summit Racing 30 miles away helps too.

Raymond, don’t know if there are any more events coming up but I look forward to seeing your truck and stealing ideas.

Raymond, don’t know if there are any more events coming up but I look forward to seeing your truck and stealing ideas.

Will do, there's always the 3rd Sat of the month "cruise" that the Camp Bowie folks do, I hope to get the truck running for the November one. Then I *think* there's an LMC Truck event in March or April at the Speedway.

So I gave up on my crank trigger wheel dream. There's just no way to make it all work unless you machine the balancer or lower pulley hub. So I swapped to a 12 magnet front cover balancer still kept the thicker "blower hub" option.. I'd prefer the increased accuracy of the 36-1 wheel over a 12-1, but I do not think it will be any big deal. Hopefully will get it all back together this weekend if work permits...

View attachment 103639

View attachment 103640

That is a great setup right there!

Work torched my last weekend, let’s hope this one is better. I am truly addicted to making 3D printed stuff, made this to install the timing cover seal.

9ac741be1aa858c63be38c0f2f221787.jpg

fd0a69b6d25c3a82e656f44faee9774d.jpg

Good news is the seal installer worked like a champ. That’s the fastest I’ve ever installed a seal :)

Bad news is the balancer diameter is too big and hits the bottom water pump bolt housing.

Be on the lookout for a good deal on a IW 12 magnet balancer…

279430d4c0b6a3e125a460fb3e46069f.jpg

interesting that doesn't fit. Id think the water pump general shape is pretty standard across the entire SBF line up.

OK, so it turns out it's quite common to have to grind the bottom of SN95 water pumps to clear aftermarket balancers. There's also different water pumps that have more of a flat bolt boss vs a round one. I ordered one off Summit that looks to be better, I'll test fit it this weekend in-between family stuff I hope...

Attachments

• 20221117_005516730_iOS.jpg
    20221117_005516730_iOS.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 18
Hmmm, Im running the SN-95 cover and water pump from Jamie V's truck on my 93, but with a stock balancer. Do these cause any issues with the blower pullies?

Back