Surge system

Guess what happened this morning.... Thankfully in my driveway.... Surge pump isn't working. How weird is that?

Stock pump would build enough pressure against that regulator I installed in the return to maintain a surgy idle so I could back into the parking spot. Fuse was intact, but that's all the troubleshooting I did. It's nice to have other vehicles so I can worry about it later.

Really, how weird is that??

Guess what happened this morning.... Thankfully in my driveway.... Surge pump isn't working. How weird is that?

Stock pump would build enough pressure against that regulator I installed in the return to maintain a surgy idle so I could back into the parking spot. Fuse was intact, but that's all the troubleshooting I did. It's nice to have other vehicles so I can worry about it later.

Really, how weird is that??
the world is full of very odd "coincidences" but his one is exceptionally weird. keep us posted.

Has anyone found an alternative to the Aeromotive fuel rail adapter with the -8an that is like the return side -6an? I put together the parts list but would have to use a cap and an -8an to -6an adapter at the FST.

IMG_4483.jpeg

I found one for mine, but need to hunt down where I bought it. Let me look.

I think it was this one
6be9d6390c76f7f0ada7309afd041992.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found one for mine, but need to hunt down where I bought it. Let me look.

I think it was this one
6be9d6390c76f7f0ada7309afd041992.jpg

I read and assumed you could only have -6an on the FST but…
Radium says the pump OUTLET fitting is available in -6AN male size only. So I guess I would just use a -8an (9/16"-18) male for the fuel in from tank. To avoid reducers and such.

Found it. I reduced the supply side right at the oem fitting and went 6an on both to the FST.
221d29e02a685c1949c1395d353b28b7.jpg
2b209da51ac71eb476eff23d08604b58.jpg

I have factory supply and return lines connected to the FST. I have one single line going to my aftermarket rails. No return from the rails.

Attaching a crude sketch. I have not added the 2nd tank or the check valve to my truck yet.

If you are using factory rails, I guess you have to block off the return and would not use the oem regulator.
e36c4c674ccb77420169e8750d7c94a9.jpg

How does fuel get to the rail with the check valves there?

Everything in mine is AN6, I can dig through the fittings if necessary.

Fuel pump sounds like it's filled with rocks. It was always a lot noisier than the identical pumps on my red truck. I'll get it warrantied and have a spare. Putting another one in the surge tank, plus a cheap backup pump, plus putting together an adapter like Travis described.

I got the "Travis Adapter" in last night with only a minor gasoline basting of my left arm - That's definitely a big down side of having the surge tank mounted horizontally under the truck. I set the shift points to max at 3500, redline at 3800, and turned off boost control. At least I don't have to drive my fun car to this nasty job site.

Gathering more stuff, I should point out the Ford F6TZ-9A317-BA (fuel rail clips) that I hope work!

Thinking I’m going with Fragola pre-made lines, I measures x2 48” from rails to driver wheel well. Anyone confirm?

1713999252125.png

Keep in mind those clips are a safety backup and aren't required for the system to function. My white truck only has one of them still in place at the rails, both clips were still on at the frame connections. Given how hard it can be to get spring locks to separate... well...

Did you get those from LMR?

Keep in mind those clips are a safety backup and aren't required for the system to function. My white truck only has one of them still in place at the rails, both clips were still on at the frame connections. Given how hard it can be to get spring locks to separate... well...

Did you get those from LMR?
Spring clips came from LMR. The rest was from all over the map.

If you break those little springs don't worry most autoparts stores have them. Make sure the connections have enough room to get the tool in for the next time.

I learned both the hard way. Even after Jamie warned me. those look long enough but mine did too until I tried to disconnect them.
1714065556072.png

Last edited:
Back