Spookfest 2021

Definitely a torture test between that crazy traffic, the battered roads, torrential downpours, 800 miles round trip, and about a dozen passes.

My best pass. If it still had the Circle D converter, in my opinion it would be faster than it's ever been. The only thing I did from how I drive it normally was take out the spare tire, put some 100 octane in it, throw the Mickeys on it, and change one number in the tune. I didn't want to push it any harder since I needed to drive it home.

First time down the track since ~2008? I'm pretty pleased overall!

2b7f00b646c77653ea5e3884862a12ff.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Something kinda funny I just realized, my ET and MPH use exactly the same digits, just rearranged... :idea:

Definitely a torture test between that crazy traffic, the battered roads, torrential downpours, 800 miles round trip, and about a dozen passes.

My best pass. If it still had the Circle D converter, in my opinion it would be faster than it's ever been. The only thing I did from how I drive it normally was take out the spare tire, put some 100 octane in it, throw the Mickeys on it, and change one number in the tune. I didn't want to push it any harder since I needed to drive it home.

First time down the track since ~2008? I'm pretty pleased overall!

2b7f00b646c77653ea5e3884862a12ff.jpg

Truck looked great going down the track. I got a good look at it! Lol

I was sad that pass didn't shake out! I knew Travis was recording so I thought it would make for a good show.

Boost hits a "little" harder for you than it does for me!

I had a rough day, but it was fun and the main goal was making sure trans was working well, and it did. The result though was now it’s building boost way quicker. That pass I set the 2 step at 2900 and as soon as I flat footed it, it flashed to 3800 and made almost 6 psi, by the time I left it was around 7.5 and .6 seconds on the log was 15.6 psi. It just knocked the tires off, I got back into it a couple times but it was over by that point. Time for me to install a real boost controller in. I have an AMS sitting on the shelf, so that’s next project.

I had a rough day, but it was fun and the main goal was making sure trans was working well, and it did. The result though was now it’s building boost way quicker. That pass I set the 2 step at 2900 and as soon as I flat footed it, it flashed to 3800 and made almost 6 psi, by the time I left it was around 7.5 and .6 seconds on the log was 15.6 psi. It just knocked the tires off, I got back into it a couple times but it was over by that point. Time for me to install a real boost controller in. I have an AMS sitting on the shelf, so that’s next project.
What kind of tires/shocks you run?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

MT Et street R 295/65/15 and the Caltrac adj ones. I have been 1.34 60’ on this combo but with the power it’s making now it’s not handling the hit. Have some work to do

In the video it hits so hard that it looks like a manual car leaving on a clutch dump. Even when you pedaled it, it was leaving serious stripes on the track.

MT Et street R 295/65/15 and the Caltrac adj ones. I have been 1.34 60’ on this combo but with the power it’s making now it’s not handling the hit. Have some work to do
Those double adjustable? I know they make a bid difference on my gen 2 truck. Was able to go 1.31 to the 60' last year. Probably could dip into the 1.29 range if I pushed it.

I’m going to get a set of Viking dbl adjustables. I’ve been 1.34 on this set up but not trying to put that much power down so quick.

I’m going to get a set of Viking dbl adjustables. I’ve been 1.34 on this set up but not trying to put that much power down so quick.
That's what I got on the gen 2. That was leaving on 25+ psi and a 100 shot. Definitely worth going that route.

Back