smog pump egr and all emissions?

Hello Fellow gearheads well my Q? is I would like to remove all the smog and emissions equip on my 93 . Is there any tips , knowledge or do's and dont's and what should I expect to happen or have to do to be successful in this operation. should I just leave it all in? any and all help would be great to pick your brains thank guys

well most importantly do you have the requirement of emissions testing in your area? Obviously it may not pass the sniffer without it and definitely wont pass the visual inspection. If your just wanting to bypass it then thats easier said then done. I have eliminated EVERYTHING and its gonna take work. You WILL have CELs without some sort of tuning. Not to mention the fact that without tuning the EEC will try to compensate for what it thinks is just inop equip which will affect performance and mileage in some way or another. If your gonna do it do it right is all im saying.

I deleted the Egr Valve, Egr Valve Postion Sensor, Smog Pump and all hoses and solenoids associated as well as the fuel vapor canister, Secondary Air bypass and diverter valves and thinned down the engine harness. I left about 1 ft of wire for each circuit in the harness incase i every wanted to put it back on or decide to boost it and will need the EGR circuit to datalog.

Lets say you eliminate all this crap like i did. Are you going to spend the time to make it look nice or just leave the connectors and vacuum tubing there???

A perfectly functioning emission system is beneficial to your fuel mileage.

Just one mans input and i could be wrong about a lot of it

As he posted above to do it n have no issues is a little involved. I also removed it all as in pump egr valve soleniods vapor can etc. i had it all deleted from the ecm when it was tuned after the rebuild/removal. I have about 15 k on my trk since n it runs n drives perfect and not a cel in sight. As far as mileage goes well these trucks like gas period.

Holy WOW im destroyed. well the truck is getting a blower but thought I could loose the smog pump if possible. And the truck just turned 20 so good by emissions

Back