Odometer info for a dummy (me)

93SVT

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Could I buy this to use for my 93....

A.) Use JUST the LCD screen and....

B.) It'll read my current mileage (not 300k) and....

C.) It only be a swapping of parts, no programming etc....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
2a069e02830eb2c59621a1d8f3ce4f31.jpg

Last edited:
A) Yes.
B) Miles are stored in the chip on the PC board of the PSOM.
C) Changing the LCD doesn't change the PSOM's programming, but programming it is easy. Read this page:

(click this text)

This is a good opportunity to clean the whole cluster, and change any burned bulbs.

(click this text)

Most (but NOT all) bulbs can be swapped to LED, but you have to install them the right direction.

(click this text)

You should put ALL the truck's details & history (as much as you know) into your signature so it shows with each post, as this page explains:

(click this text)

Phone apps don't always show signatures, so you may need to switch to a real browser in desktop mode on your phone, or just use a desktop/laptop computer. Put your location (nearest city) in your profile & upload an avatar of the truck. The more pics you post of the truck, engine, wiring, labels, & undercarriage, the more likely we can help you. Not all its details are relevant to these issues, but you don't necessarily know which ones are relevant, so just put everything in now.

Great information, thanks!

I will go ahead and replace with LED bulbs where it is shown in the link.

Great information, thanks!

I will go ahead and replace with LED bulbs where it is shown in the link.

I've replaced everything but the air bag light in both of mine (94 and 95). Makes such a nice difference.

I traced the leads and matched the diode direction in the led bulbs so I only had to do it once.

One of those things I should've documented for posterity.

Last edited:
I've started labelling everything on the film circuit with a fine-point permanent marker the first time I mess with it, so I never have to look anything up again.

So can I just order 120mph Lightning face plates and use any instrument cluster from F150?

So can I just order 120mph Lightning face plates and use any instrument cluster from F150?
Sure, if you want the needle to always show high. It'll move to the normal 85mph position when you're going ~85mph, even though the face would show 120mph there. If you try to re-calibrate the PSOM so the needle moves for 120mph max, then you'll throw off the signal to the EEC for transmission management, and to cruise control.

Sure, if you want the needle to always show high. It'll move to the normal 85mph position when you're going ~85mph, even though the face would show 120mph there. If you try to re-calibrate the PSOM so the needle moves for 120mph max, then you'll throw off the signal to the EEC for transmission management, and to cruise control.

I've replaced everything but the air bag light in both of mine (94 and 95). Makes such a nice difference.

I traced the leads and matched the diode direction in the led bulbs so I only had to do it once.

One of those things I should've documented for posterity.
Had the cluster out, so I took a picture of the back. The arrows point to the ground side of each connector. The LEDs I used have very small diode symbols on the top that should point to some degree towards one side of the bulb base (it's not a perfect "pointer," but will favor one of the leads). I installed the bulbs so that the side the diode symbol pointed towards the ground (arrow) side. This worked so that I only had to do it once.

2022-11-18 11-26-26_2.jpg

Note that I don't have bulbs in the 4x4, Low, or Anti-Theft sockets, so they aren't marked. I had to keep an incandescent bulb in the Airbag socket, so it isn't marked, either.

clusterrear.jpg

Back