Machine Shop

N

Nick Wilson

I'm wanting to get my heads and lower intake operated on this summer. Including rollers and lager valves, as well as mass air. Any input on a good shop, and on numbers difference(MPG, Torque/HP, etc.)
Thanks

------------------
1993 Lightning
1995 Concord
ff4ff115.jpg.thumb.jpg

Current setup (stock)
ff3615d6.jpg.orig.jpg

------------------
1993 Lightning
1995 Concord
ff4ff115.jpg.thumb.jpg

Hi Nick,

As for porting GT40s here's my 2 cents... To be completely honest with you I wouldn't spend the money on porting GT40 heads.... It will cost about $800 to "fully" port them and when there done they "might" flow like a good aftermarket head does out of the box... IMO, It would more cost effective to buy a set aftermarket heads and sell the heads you have now... As for the lower You could send it up to Fox Lake in northern Ohio, They charge $375 to fully port the lower or have it extrude-honed for $350... With heads, ported lower and mass-air I would guess around 50-60hp but since you mentioned mass-air you might as well throw in a bigger cam while your at it! With the right combination of these parts 100+hp is possible it would depend on how much you want to spend and how racy you wanted it... As for MPG forget about it! These trucks are pigs!
wink.gif
If you ever need any parts installed, tuning or just friendly advise feel free to e-mail me I'm right up the road from you and I know what it takes to make one of these ol' bricks go... I also have some parts for sale you might be interested in...

BTW, That motor looks nice and clean! WTG man!

My turn,

(Not stock)
wink.gif

ff59036a.jpg

Later,
Dave Pickrel
White 94
11.90 @ 113

Hey DAVE looks like he has a Virgin motor LOL.Sorry.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
NLOC#495
1/8=7.9s@ 88MPH
1/4=12.??
TeamPowerdyne
View

Marcus,

Virgins don't seem to last long around here... a couple of weeks of the NLOC UBBS puts all kinds of things into your head... Wasn't just a few years ago when we had virgins of are own? Man look at us now... Were out of control spending money like drunken sailors! I think its called Lightning fever... Jason Brown has a really bad case of this!!!
wink.gif

Later,
Dave

Back