Looking for intrested Parties in a G\B on Detroit Lockers

Blue Oval Forever

Gen 1 Salvage Yard Owner
I Support the NLOC
Looking for intrested Parties in a G\B on Detroit Lockers For 8.8's

OK as it happens to everyone i broke my stock trac-lock well i just dont want to go back with a clutch type unit i have had Detroit Lockers in many 9" rearends w\outone IODA of a problem so i am looking to see howmany onther people that have this proplem might be interested in a G\B on Dtroit Lockers

I dont have any prices yet but i have be in contact W\ Mark @ Lightning Force Performance and he is looking into some pricing for me he told me he garrantees he will get me the cheepest price out there and will not be beat he said he will do what ever it takes to make this happen

Well lets see how many interested parties we have on trying to get a group buy going just post in here and as soon as i here any more info i will post it in here i will also as Mark to drop in and offer up anything else he might have to say

Thanks,

Last edited:
I just finished tearing the stocker into about 5 bazillion pieces, so if the price is right, I may be interested. I'm really leaning towards an Eaton and some 3.73s at the moment...

I understand there's an electro-locker version of the Detroit now?

Ok i talked to Mark @LFP on the phone this morning and he told me he had'nt heard back from his supplier yet due to them being closed for the holiday weekend he should have some pricing for me to let everyone know before the weeks end so as soon as i here from him i will post it here for everyone to know so hold on just a bit longer

I had also told Mark what kinda prices i had found at other suppliers when i called around just looking to see what the unit sells for and he told me he will beat any price i find so i am waiting to see what he comes up with Mark has always done right by me before and i have bought a great deal of parts from him so i do belive he will do what it takes to make this work for us

Ok Everyone

I talked with Mark again today on the phone he was at the NMRA Race in Ennis this past weekend so he didn't get all of his info before he left .He told me he will be contacting the company that actual makes the Detroit locker in the morning see what they have to offer him as far as price and possible becoming a distributor and he will carry them in stock after that if all goes well i will give him a couple days and give him a call to see where we are at on Wednesday hope everyone can wait just a bit longer i am working on it with Mark as fast as possible

Jeff

you went with the best clutch unit there is out there but with a clutch unit there is always the possibility of the clutch unit giving up again i just wish you could have held out a bit longer because with a Detroit locker you could have put your rearend together and forget about it all the checking i have done and from first hand using a locker in a nine inch the are bullet proof

Hey guys, How bad is the locker in the corners? Iam finally getting to the point where Iam making some serious power and Iam a little nervous about a Eaton but then again I would like to retain my cornering abilities.Any opinions?
Thanks Ken Z

Ok i talked to Mark today and he finnaly got and answer for me so here it is he can get the Detroit Locker for us for 499.00 shipped to our door but we need to have 10 interested people he also said he might get it down a little more but not sure yet he has to make a big buy in with the company to get us this price and he is willing to help plus he will have other things he will be able to offer if this deal goes through so all that will be in at this price let me know i will start a list from this point on thanks

please leave your real name with the screen name

Thanks Bobby

1 Blue Oval Forever Bobby Achor

Blue Oval Forever said:
Ok i talked to Mark today and he finnaly got and answer for me so here it is he can get the Detroit Locker for us for 499.00 shipped to our door but we need to have 10 interested people he also said he might get it down a little more but not sure yet he has to make a big buy in with the company to get us this price and he is willing to help plus he will have other things he will be able to offer if this deal goes through so all that will be in at this price let me know i will start a list from this point on thanks

please leave your real name with the screen name

Thanks Bobby

1 Blue Oval Forever Bobby Achor
2 LETSRCE Joe Cloutier

Ok everyone

Let me start off by saying sorry for not letting everone know what was going on with this but i was in a bad car wreck and have been laid up for a bit but i am doing fine and back at what needs to be done

Well on with the new info i talked to Mark on Thursady and he informed me he was able to get a better deal with the supplier as he found more things he can get to sell through his buisness well here you go he got the price down to 469.00 shipped to your door from the 499.00 he orignal quoted and we now only need 5 people to make this deal work insted of 10 so please leave me something on here or in the group buy section on who wants in on this deal i know there are 2 for sure so lets get this thing going

Thanks Bobby

Back