K&N open air element VS Turbo Inlet tube

J

John893

Which one is better? My truck is basically stock. I have the K&N open-air element and looking at it, it looks to be useless. It is under the hood and sucking hot air from the motor. It seams like the turbo diesel inlet tube with a K&N pan filter would be the better setup.

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks

John

On the topic, any "fast" Lightnings (11-12 sec) use the diesel tube/airbox setup?

I'm gonna be running the old Kenne Bell air box soon. This basically uses the diesel inlet tube with a round canister that houses a big honkin' cone filter. Could it be the best of both worlds? I hope so. I wouldn't think that underhood air would be a good thing.

However, here's another thought - I've seen the lower airbox half in place with the diesel tube, but with a cone on the end of the big rubber tube and resting in the airbox half. So there'd be some outside air coming in and also some from under the hood.

I have no idea when the diesel tube becomes a restriction, though...

- Kevin

Im just gonna have the shop that did my chip fab me a polished aluminum tube (and a custom driveshaft loop) that will place the filter up by the radiator, where the deisel tube gets its air. Will take it in after WFC.

I called every local salvage yard,no one has the tube. So I went to the Ford dealer, we cant figure out which tube.Part #F2TZ-9A675-E doesn't look like it would work. Does the diesel tube look similiar to the stock tube on our trucks? I would like to find one before next weekend.

Thanks,
Jason
NLOC#441

Back