Help with tuning ideas.

svtfanatic'95

I own a 95 Lightning and at the moment is messed up ! What im trying to do is find a new tuning system. When I bought the truck it had a tweecer on the bottom and a ugly box sitting on the power distrubution box with another seperate wiring harness going to the MAF and injectors and goes back this black box...its all confusing.. I want to take this ugly system out beacuse its fried two computers already So a guy who works at my local performance with a first gen lightning advised me too get a A9L1 computer and have my dyno tuner install a SCT chip and I guess he will tune it. It has a big MAF and #38 injectors. So am I on the right track ?? I would apperciate it if anybody could help !

Alex,

Sounds like your discribing a Pro-M Mass Air kit. If so it uses an A9l computer to run the engine and the factory computer to operate the transmission.

Can you post an pictures on this system?

Also what computer are you burnning up?

I went and looked that Pro M Mass Air Kit and it seems to appear that is what I got. A wiring harness that hooks up to my injectors then a separate harness from the MAF to that harness that hooks up into that black box. So that mysterios black box would control be for the MAF and injectors ? There is the stock computer harness that branches off the black box harness to my stock computer. I will post pics tomorrow so you could see it for yourself. This frustrates me beacuse I bought the truck like this. It has 408 Stroker. I bought it and then I drive 10 miles and it quits. So I replaced the computer thinking its a Lightning computer and I took out the one I replaced beause I had only put 1000 miles on it and the truck would not start at my house when I got there. I matched the part number to the computer and research and I find it goes on a 89'Mustang 5.0l with a 5 speed. But how does this control the tranny ? So either the computer is fries or the TwEECER box (its a gray box that sits under my dash ) as I for got to mention.

Back