heads and cam guestion?

M

mike

Can I get away with running the crane 'lightning"cam with a set of ported dart windsor heads? the heads are ported and have bigger valves. Do i need to buy the mass air for it? Dont have the extra to buy that right now
MIKE
RED 93 #3925

[This message has been edited by mike (edited 12-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mike (edited 12-19-2000).]

The Crane Lightning cam will work ok with the speed density and I don't think the heads would bother the idle.That is the big problem,hunting idle up&down which is caused by poor vaccum from a big cam.Somebody has probably done the same mods and can give you more info.I'm fairly new to modifying F.I.so I go mostly on things I've read.Carbs are great just because I've worked with them for 30 years.Good Luck!

------------------
95L
67Mustang
63Fairlane
79F150
71F100
87TBird5.0
95Taurus

Hey Mike,

I used to run that cam with SD and ported heads it worked fine...

Good luck!

Dave P

Thanks for the help...
Might try this combonation for awhile, wife wont go of the funds to do what I realy want. Woman just dont under stand the need for speed. How much would this combonation pick the truck up? Thanks again..
red 93 #3925
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by mike (edited 12-20-2000).]

Mike,

I think a setup like your talking about would run 13s easy once everthing is sorted...

Good luck!

Dave P.

13's...that would be fine with me. would i need bigger injectors with this?or any other goodies that im not a were of?
thanks....mike
red 93 #3925

You stock 19s will be fine for that combo.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
NLOC#495
1/8=7.9s@ 88MPH
TeamPowerdyne
View

Back