GREGG EVANS. Back to Stock!

alexr40

Greg

quoting your answer to my problem:

"" Intermediate plates are damaged, you're gettting some good grab when it's cold, but as they heat up they loose it. The tranny will likely need to be rebuilt.

G ""

I just went all back to stock, and guess what. it works normal. I drive it hard time after time and nothing happens :(

so i cant take it to warranty if everything is working fine.

the thing is that i started removing the CHIP, and it still slippped and malfuncioned without the chip. then i removed the CAI, and the same. then the fans, HE, and the same. After i removed the Pulley, (then i got completely stock) it started to work fine.

i noticed that while removing 1 by 1 (the mods), it took longer to start malfuncioning.

any idea>/

By the way, i got yesterday the your FTVB and the 4x4 pan.

alex

alexr40 said:
Greg

quoting your answer to my problem:

"" Intermediate plates are damaged, you're gettting some good grab when it's cold, but as they heat up they loose it. The tranny will likely need to be rebuilt.

G ""

I just went all back to stock, and guess what. it works normal. I drive it hard time after time and nothing happens :(

so i cant take it to warranty if everything is working fine.

the thing is that i started removing the CHIP, and it still slippped and malfuncioned without the chip. then i removed the CAI, and the same. then the fans, HE, and the same. After i removed the Pulley, (then i got completely stock) it started to work fine.

i noticed that while removing 1 by 1 (the mods), it took longer to start malfuncioning.

any idea>/

By the way, i got yesterday the your FTVB and the 4x4 pan.

alex

Not having all the power is not putting as much stress on your tranny.

I tend to think he's right, as you got closer to stock output, the transmissoin got better at handling it. The plates will hold a lot better under lower loads, it's pretty close to what happens when you do a burnout, the more power you put to it, the more it's going to slip. I still think the intermediate clutch is burned.

G

i trailed my boat today for about 50 miles. a lot of stop and go;s.... on stock setup the transmission works great..

:?

i think i will have to pay to have it rebuilt because i cant take it that way to the warranty
:pat:

GREG!

I came from warranty. they said it was low of transmission fluid by 2 quarts.

Can this be what was going on?

i put the chip back, and after 5 WOTS the problem came back. i took it again to the warranty :( i havent installed the ftvb yet :(

alexr40 said:
i put the chip back, and after 5 WOTS the problem came back. i took it again to the warranty :( i havent installed the ftvb yet :(
Looks like the combination of things is / has taken it's toll.
Low fluid=extra heat, extra power=more damaging than normal.
I really hope you get it straightened out ...

Back