Gauge Help

Darkness01

Darkside Newbie
I want to get a triple gauge pod for my truck. what gauges should I have in there? Who can I have paint match it to the interior and install it with the gauges? Should I run a boost gauge on the steering column so I can run other gauges in the pillar? I know I want to run an A/F ratio for sure. Thanks.

In my triple pillar I have an AEM wideband a/f up top, Autometer Phantom electric fuel pressure gauge in the middle, and Autometer Phantom boost gauge on the bottom. I also have a dual Aeroforce Interceptor setup with a MMCustomworks dual instrument pod. That basically covers everything I could possibly need. For paint get yourself a can of Duplicolor Fabric and Vinyl Paint Medium Grey HVP-109 is the part number I believe. Installation is not too bad on those three gauges and if you take your time you could prob do it yourself. I HATE wiring and I did my pillar pod myself

In my triple pillar I have an AEM wideband a/f up top, Autometer Phantom electric fuel pressure gauge in the middle, and Autometer Phantom boost gauge on the bottom. I also have a dual Aeroforce Interceptor setup with a MMCustomworks dual instrument pod. That basically covers everything I could possibly need. For paint get yourself a can of Duplicolor Fabric and Vinyl Paint Medium Grey HVP-109 is the part number I believe. Installation is not too bad on those three gauges and if you take your time you could prob do it yourself. I HATE wiring and I did my pillar pod myself

My buddy could probably help me do the install. Do you have any pics of ur setup? Where is ur dual instrument pod?

here you go Im always up to do some picture whoring. I have about $700+ wrapped up in the dual Interceptors and the custom gauge pod but it is very easy to read and looks very very nice. I wouldnt get rid of either of those for the world

Don't worry too much about matching the paint. If you look close, each part that surrounds the A pillar is a different shade of grey.
Wideband AF gauge is the one you want if you start modding the truck.
They are not cheap but it can save you from blowing the motor.

I also have a Boost gauge and a Voltage gauge in mine.
If I added another it would be the Fuel Pressure gauge.

mcarbine, if u have the dual interceptors, are the other gauges necessary? I was thinking about running dual interceptors in a triple gauge pod and then a boost gauge for show and ditching the steering wheel ones. Where can I get the wideband kit for the interceptors?

Technically if you had 2 Interceptors you dont need the other gauges but here is the problem, you have to buy an extra kit for the wideband, the boost, and the fuel pressure since the gauges dont read them out of the box. Im not sure what the cost is for each kit to add on to the Interceptor but its probably close to buying the gauge itself. On my Interceptors I usually monitor IAT2, tranny temp, coolant temp, and battery voltage. The nice thing about the Interceptor gauge is you can set it to rotate parameters at a set interval so you can watch a ton of different stuff. Hope that all made sense. If not just let me know what other info you need/want

Technically if you had 2 Interceptors you dont need the other gauges but here is the problem, you have to buy an extra kit for the wideband, the boost, and the fuel pressure since the gauges dont read them out of the box. Im not sure what the cost is for each kit to add on to the Interceptor but its probably close to buying the gauge itself. On my Interceptors I usually monitor IAT2, tranny temp, coolant temp, and battery voltage. The nice thing about the Interceptor gauge is you can set it to rotate parameters at a set interval so you can watch a ton of different stuff. Hope that all made sense. If not just let me know what other info you need/want

Hell, I might as well run 3 gauges and then a single interceptor I guess.

mcarbine:

You have the twin gauge pod set-up that I want for my new Aeroforce gauges. Can you provide me the contact information on the vendor you got the two gauge column cluster from?

Any help would be appreciated!

3034usmc

Back