FT WORTH GOOD GUYS

buddys93

What!!?? Walked my feet of today , found 1 gen 1 lightning (red) .. took pics of the truck engine bay.. nicely done, blown motor. But... Surprised he was the only one.. Met KC paint but he didn't have his.

Man I would have love to have made it, but I've got so much going on right now I just couldn't. Post some pics if you have them!

Overall look at the car show.. didn't get too many individual pics..

Attachments

• 20240427_121658.jpg
    20240427_121658.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 9
Pic of the L. with vacuum block.. wanted to talk to the owner about this, but missed talking to him.. he's a member on here I believe

Attachments

• 20240427_094335.jpg
    20240427_094335.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 9
Pic of the L. with vacuum block.. wanted to talk to the owner about this, but missed talking to him.. he's a member on here I believe
I'm running a Fore vacuum block and hardlines, what did you want to know?

I'm running a Fore vacuum block and hardlines, what did you want to know?

Looks like he replaced the EGR throttle spacer / vacuum tree with a solid spacer, was curious.. how all the vacuum lines ran? I assume the block was fed from under intake , then other side was to brake booster all other lines were going to maf , HVAC, etc.. are there any issues with having enough of vacuum without coffee can?

Looks like he replaced the EGR throttle spacer / vacuum tree with a solid spacer, was curious.. how all the vacuum lines ran? I assume the block was fed from under intake , then other side was to brake booster all other lines were going to maf , HVAC, etc.. are there any issues with having enough of vacuum without coffee can?
Ah, OK sorry, my truck has none of that stock stuff. My vacuum block is for the MAP sensor, power brakes, and blowoff valve (when it was supercharged)

There were 0 Lightnings at the Raleigh Goodguys. I keep saying I'll bring mine "next year."

The "coffee can" is only to actuate the TAD/TAB/EVAP stuff under low vacuum situations. It's not related to any other vacuum. HVAC and brakes have their own reservoirs.

On the factory intake, the vacuum tree screws into the manifold itself, not the EGR spacer. On an aftermarket intake, it can require you to work out some kind of alternate distribution block.

There were 0 Lightnings at the Raleigh Goodguys. I keep saying I'll bring mine "next year."

The "coffee can" is only to actuate the TAD/TAB/EVAP stuff under low vacuum situations. It's not related to any other vacuum. HVAC and brakes have their own reservoirs.

On the factory intake, the vacuum tree screws into the manifold itself, not the EGR spacer. On an aftermarket intake, it can require you to work out some kind of alternate distribution block.
Thanks, that clears it up.. I'm still basically rebuilding to slightly modified /stock engine.. but, liked the idea of a vacuum block with vac gauge attached to it to police up the vacuum lines . I haven't pulled my engine yet, so I'm still in planning stage.

Back