first time at the track need advice

neonbobo

do you leave truck in drive or manually shift? and what rpm to launch with et streets? and do i hit the water patch?

do you leave truck in drive or manually shift? and what rpm to launch with et streets? and do i hit the water patch?

put it in drive turn O/D off, i usually drive around the waterbox and then back through it, stall converter? try a few different rpms at launch see what works best.

Here's a perfect training video I just made the other day.

YouTube - Lightning vs Lightning inside cam

It shows from start to finish on a track.

I always drive around the water box, and back up into it.
Then just spin your tires once real quick to get any dirt off.

Pull up and do a burnout, not a smoke show, just heat them up some.

Then pull to the line.

Do not double stage, it annoys some people.
Pull up till your first yellow staging light go on.
Let the other person get there first yellow staging light, then pull forward and get both yellows, let them do the same. Then power brake up your rpm's till the truck wants to pull forward(the rpm range all depends on if you have a stock or aftermarket stall converter) I'm still on stock, so I usually go to around 1200-1400rpms. Make sure overdrive is off. Last yellow light you see, mash the pedal. By they time the truck is moving, the light is already green.

Away you go.

Hope this helps some.

I can't shut my OD off, I run out of 3rd gear with 200 feet to go in the 1/4 mile (4.10 gears and 28" slicks).

i know no one has posted on this thread in a while but i needed some advice about wether or nor not to turn off my o/d(1/8 mile). i have a gen1 with the stock 4.10 gear, 28x10.5 mt et streets and a p.i. 2800 stall. should i turn it off since im only running the 1/8?

i would say yes, try it both ways i guess, may not be able to tell a difference, i dont know if the shift patternts or quickness/firmness are diff. with a gen 1 w/ o/d off, i know they are on a 4r100 like in gen 2's tho

i know no one has posted on this thread in a while but i needed some advice about wether or nor not to turn off my o/d(1/8 mile). i have a gen1 with the stock 4.10 gear, 28x10.5 mt et streets and a p.i. 2800 stall. should i turn it off since im only running the 1/8?

i run 1/8 mile too tried it all . it always runs the same. but for some reason i always turn it OFF.

maybe this will help you, Tyler

Back