EGR Valve for '93 with MotorSport Mass Air Conversion

Zap

Varmitmeister
MY '93 EGR valve is out. It has a MotorSport Mass Air Conversion Kit on it.
The dealer said '93 is particular to that year, only, and the '94-'95 EGR valves are different.
He was able to locate and found three EGRs for '93. I ordered them all!
The first came in with the mounting ear broken off and missing and the other two turned out to be figments of Ford's parts computers.

What will work?
Does the MotorSport Mass Air Conversion make a difference?
Do I need to get a re flash of the conversion Mass Air ECM to make it work?

Take it off toss it delete the rest of egr system n tune ecm to delete egr so no cel. Then drive on. I removed it all smog egr cats all of it. Truck is better than ever

Take it off toss it delete the rest of egr system n tune ecm to delete egr so no cel. Then drive on. I removed it all smog egr cats all of it. Truck is better than ever

Would I ever love to do that, but Texas has a visual as well as computer, and tailpipe check.
I "had friends" that used to do that before Texas cracked down. So now, they look up your vehicle to see what it came with from the factory, hook up their computer to your Diag port, then run a tailpipe check on the dyno!

Would I ever love to do that, but Texas has a visual as well as computer, and tailpipe check.
I "had friends" that used to do that before Texas cracked down. So now, they look up your vehicle to see what it came with from the factory, hook up their computer to your Diag port, then run a tailpipe check on the dyno!

NOT in San Antonio YET.
Besides there is always a way to get a sticker ...wink wink.

NOT in San Antonio YET.
Besides there is always a way to get a sticker ...wink wink.

You guys are lucky in SAT!
I think it is El Paso (because of Juarez, Mex), Houston and Dallas; but not all of TX, yet!

Yes, I have heard of strange rumors about this. When I tried to verify the truth to those rumors, the shops were closed down!:c r:

Bummer I could likely help ya out with insp lead if u were closer

I guess if i take a philosophical approach, the '93 which I bought new, just came back from the body shop. New paint, no dings, no waves in the panels, all gaps are straight and correct. Prior to that ,it was in the shop for a bumper to bumper check and redo (that's when I found the leaking EGR), replacing everything with NOS, or new parts.
So now I guess it can sit pretty in my garage, under the cover, and stay pristine, since I cannot drive it!
I'll just drive my '01 now! It just came out of the body shop because some hillbilly from MO hit it in the rear while I was having lunch in Galveston!

Back