Dyno Tuning

SVT150TIM

Team Procharger
Who do you guys recommend---I'm in Riverside. Is there anybody close by that knows Gen 1's. I've talked with Danny Swanson and he's up to the task but he's in Torrance.
I want to dial in air/ fuel and have a chip made.
Thanks
Tim

I recommend Swanson to tune your truck. I was using Johnny Lightning's Diablo chip, and after going to Danny's, I dropped over a half second for the same mods. Danny is excellent in what he does. Give him a shot, you won't be disappointed.:tu:

Powertrain Dynamics in Huntington Beach. I just had my truck in there last week and Steve sure knows his business! This thing runs like a rape date. If you guy's are interested shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up with the pricing and phone number.

Here's Danny's website which has his number and address and some other, outdated info.

http://www.swansonperformance.com/

I believe he charges $150 an hour for dyno tuning. He tunes with Autologic chips, so you'll need to buy one of his or have one already. Tell him Doug or Jerry sent you, and he'll hook you up!:tu:

Danny Swanson :rolleyes:

Give Shawn Ellis a call from Diablo, Southern California...

562-694-4807, let him know Kevin sent you. $250 for the chip and you will head over to Superior Auto in Anahiem for your Dyno Tune @ $125 first hr, $75 each additional hr.. Patrick from Diablo will actually tune your truck from FLoria via a modem connection.

Diablo Programmed chips have out numbered autologic chips 3-1 in the last 6 months. Mostly it can be accounted for because autologic took its sweet ass time getting the 2002 L program ( july 2002 ) while superchips and diablo had the software avail since January. Theres a number of other factors i could list but i think it will start a flame war.

Johnny Lightning uses a Diablo setup and so does Razor Edge Motorsports. I believe they are tuning the fatest trucks right now.

oh boy, who to go with....:confused:

to make it worse, i have a jdm superchip that was given to me from a friend, but its not programmed for cali gas :(

i just don't trust mail order programs

Mail order is gambling with your engine, period.

Danny can do your tune, of course, it will cost you a pretty penny.

Shawn can do it too, and cheaper.

Up to you.

Dante runs Diablo and so do the quickest Lightnings out there. Should tell you something.

The manufacturer of the chip has nothing to do with the performance and power it makes. It has to do with the tuner, his abilities, and knowledge, and the car or truck he is working with. Everyone has their tuner preference and is entitled to their own opinion, but just remember, you get what you pay for.:tu:

Just my .02:db:

By the way, I do agree with the mail order chips...they're crap. A good dynotune is the only way to go. Good luck with the tuner of your choice.

Doug

Last edited:
Back