Clean Intercooler Mod

Sic SVT

Its my first time posting over here. I live in Orange County, NY right over the NY/NJ border. I would love to join and attend meets, but it might be a little hard as I am about 1 1/2 hours from central Jersey (where I am originally from). I still want to try though, as long as a NY Lightning doesn't bother anyone. :embar: I thought once spring hit maybe a group mod day would be cool. This way anyone that needed help with basic mods could get it. I want to clean my intercooler, but am pretty much a novice and was worried about messing something up. Anyway just introuducing myself and an idea. Thanks.

2000 Red Lightning # 3,110 of 4,966 Born On: 5/18/00

Only Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back for now...

Oh and don't forgot the NY State Snow/Ice Mod

Sic

on the NLOC boards there is a whole list of How To's

cleaning the intercooler should be on there
idk if you have looked at it and or not, might be helpful

I live in rockland county right on the NY/NJ border, im gonna make it out to some of the jersey events, no reason you shouldn't come.

come on out to the meets. You will have fun and meet a bunch of great people; not to mention you'll see some killer trucks.

Last edited:
The intercooler cleaning can be a ***** so if its your first time you should definately label everything and know where to put back everything you unplug and take off. You should change out your plugs too while you clean your intercooler because its so much easier with the blower off. Buy 4 or 5 cans of carb cleaner to clean the intercooler. If you need any help just PM me i can give you some tips and ideas from my experience with taking the blower off and cleaning the intercooler :eek:ldtu:

Back