bracket drag racing

wow, nobody ever responded, so i'll pull out my shovel and dig up this thread:

bracket racing is a program that essentially comes down to consistency and reaction times. you can race a car or truck with twice the power as yours and you could win even though the other driver was quicker and didn't red light. your racing against yourself. basically, you provide the track a time (dial in time) and you can't beat that time. the goal is to come as close as possible to your time without 'breaking out' (loosing against yourself). there's a lot more to it than what i stated above however.

i can't tell you want it means to you, but i can tell you what it means to me.... :sigh:BORING

these vehicles are soo consistent and can run within a 10th of a second every single run. i kinda :heart: the real life scenario of heads up drag racing (run what you brung). i've seen many people win money from racing completely stock cars including their moms hondas because they're so consistent

www.Bracket-Racing.com

Read more at the above link. I've done this a few times and it can be really fun, espcially if you are winning!

The quality of racers will really depend on where you are. If you run street classes the racers tend to be sloppier than the quicker catiegories.

I've run street classes where I've had horrible lights .1xx and higher and managed to win the event. Other times a pretty good lights .03x and better and have gotten my but kicked bad, at this particular track you need lights in the .01x range and be withing .05 or better of your dail and thats the no box class. It all depends on what track you are at.

Go give it a try though. Most of the entry fees are reasonable and the tracks are usually prepped pretty well. As for help when you are there too, lots of guys will give you pointers, until you beat them that is.

Bracket racing is a great way to get started drag racing.It's a cheaper way to drag race.I had a lot of fun bracket racing,when you are in a bracket that is farly tight it is great competition.I have had a few races at a local track when the car count was down and they only had 2 brackets that were frustrating.The last one was a final round against a 15 sec. Toyota pickup(1/8 mile).My Must. was dialed in at 7.5 and I thought the Toyota was across the line before my lights came down.I lost by a mere .002 sec.If you are racing with some regular bracket racers it is very competitive.

Back