Blown Spark Plug!

99BLKBOLT

So i put the wheels on it thursday and took it out to make sure everything was ok. I turned a corner and heard a loud pop and thought the wheel came loose. I parked it and looked and nothing was loose, so I popped the hood and couldn't see anything wrong but it sounded like a severe exhaust leak. Got it home tore it apart and the passenger side 3rd plug was sitting on the block with the COP laying near it. Anyone have this happen and not strip the treads in the head?

Thanks, Justin

still was a PITA to do the helicoil but got it done and now just waiting on some parts to get it back up and running... Hoping that the helicoil holds until I have the funds to replace the heads with some ported and polished ones...

Got the parts today so after work I put it all back together and started it up... No noises and seems ok but I'm going to take it out for a run today and see if everything seems fine... All together it cost me $100 to do it with replacing all the plugs, 1 COP, the helicoil kit, 1 spark plug socket and had to replace the boost bypass valve because the 1 plastic male end snapped off in the vacuum line... Not too bad!!!

Back