Black 95 project

The one on the passenger side, a 3 inch offset is 5x9 14 inch long 12229. The drivers side is a straight 12219. I had to use the 3 inch offset because the passenger side is 3 inches closer to the frame. They do make a 5x9x18 inch muffler that would be even quieter.

The one on the passenger side, a 3 inch offset is 5x9 14 inch long 12229. The drivers side is a straight 12219. I had to use the 3 inch offset because the passenger side is 3 inches closer to the frame. They do make a 5x9x18 inch muffler that would be even quieter.

Thanks Glen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been so happy with the big Magnaflow on my turbo truck, but I think it would be too quiet for a lot of people here. :D

I've been so happy with the big Magnaflow on my turbo truck, but I think it would be too quiet for a lot of people here. :D

I think your truck sounds real good. I could hear a nice rumble from about the time you turned off 301 when you stopped by.
I decided on the 3 inch magnaflow mufflers after watching a test on engine masters (S1E9). They tested a 620 hp motor (about max of my goal) and lost about 6hp on a complete 3 inch exhaust with magnaflow mufflers. With 2.5 inch it was a 19hp loss.
Then there was another show that tested just mufflers (s1e17). Big difference with cheap mufflers. On a 350hp motor with 3" it lost 13hp from a magnaflow going to a thrush 3".
With the exhaust I have now a 600hp motor would see about the same hp as open headers. For that flow I think its very quiet. A really quiet 2.5 inch with cheap mufflers would be about 50hp less.

Dug this out of my stash today. Been hording that for about 20 years. Lol

014a10f05208ba8e2022db83b59879f9.jpg
35ec0b170b1c8df303afacf5536c8280.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I bet they sell something close. Maybe something a bit short or longer that could be cut. I'll take a bunch of measurements and pics when I install

Buckle up, I've seen his exhaust prices sell....

Who me. 😆 I couldn't get rid of those valve covers even cheap.
I wouldn't sell this . I could never replace it. I wouldn't have sold the exhaust if I was going to keep the emissions stuff and front tank. And with those headers you have to trim the frame a little and I didn't want to do that on this truck.

I'm looking at a 2020 for the wife. After the 2016 tahoe that's never seen salt rusted the rockers clean through, ac compressor died and everything else has went bad at some time.

What is your experience? This one is the 2.3 ecoboost and 10 speed.

I've got a 13 ex cop car. That had low miles and hrs. The chief didn't like it so it sat.
They all leak at the rear hatch. Feel the 3rd row seat belts after it rains. In the civilians it runs down the belts, mine it drips through the trim pieces. Exhaust leaks into the cabs. Sway bar end links go often. There's always issues with anything that has a rubber bushing, they seize up. The all wheel drive transfer case needs to have the fluid changed around 80k, easier said then done. AC condensation drips into the front pass floor board...

All that and I still like mine. No 3rd row seats so there plenty of room to carry stuff. No carpet, when my kids spill chit. I found a loaded XLT and converted the interior over.

Thanks for the info. I had a 2009 f150 that leaked everywhere. Same kind of stuff.
I may do more thinking on the explorer. Would like an expedition but I found a killer deal on this explorer.
If anyone can run the carfax for me that may sway me if it's had any accidents.

Back