Baumannator Tuning

I'm having problems with the baumannator. I just put in a new motor and I went for a test drive the other night. The tranny won't shift out of first gear unless you manually shift it. Then when you manually shift into drive in thinks its in first gear again. Any idea what the problem could be?

I'm having problems with the baumannator. I just put in a new motor and I went for a test drive the other night. The tranny won't shift out of first gear unless you manually shift it. Then when you manually shift into drive in thinks its in first gear again. Any idea what the problem could be?

did you install the Bauman before the new engine? If so was it working perfectly before?

OR

did you put the Bauman in AFTER the new engine?

Let us know :)

Edward

I installed the baumannator after the new engine along with a pmas maf conversion. With the pmas kit all the wiring for the baumannator is done for you it is supposed to be plug and play with some tuning of course. I have the 94 lightning program uploaded to start with.

I recently just started messing with one of these. The shiftpoints seem pretty straight forward. And so far I've got the TCC coming on a lot sooner while cruising to improve mpg's.

What I don't understand is the line pressure curve. Can someone tell me what is to be accomplished with it? I have not messed with mine any, but it starts out real high and goes down as TPS increases.

Also, what are you guys inputting as the speedo gear driven/drive tooth count?

I recently just started messing with one of these. The shiftpoints seem pretty straight forward. And so far I've got the TCC coming on a lot sooner while cruising to improve mpg's.

What I don't understand is the line pressure curve. Can someone tell me what is to be accomplished with it? I have not messed with mine any, but it starts out real high and goes down as TPS increases.

Also, what are you guys inputting as the speedo gear driven/drive tooth count?

Brian leave the line pressure curve as it is for now. As the graph approaches the x-axis the line pressure goes up. The "cells" along the bottom of the graph represent the throttle position.
So the first 3-cells represent "light throttle"(not alot of line psi needed), the middle 3-cells represent "mid-throttle(a little more line psi needed), and the last 3-cells represent "full-throttle"(max line psi needed or touching the bottom of the graph).

So going down as TPS increases means more line pressure when you floor it :thumbup:

Cool. Makes sense now :)

I still haven't messed with the gear ratio/speedo driven and drive gear/ tire size. I am not sure what to have the speedo gears set at. Anyone know? Or do I want to leave it alone because the TCS is getting its information elsewhere?

Cool. Makes sense now :)

I still haven't messed with the gear ratio/speedo driven and drive gear/ tire size. I am not sure what to have the speedo gears set at. Anyone know? Or do I want to leave it alone because the TCS is getting its information elsewhere?

I set that one for you as well and it will be the same for all E4OD equipped Lightnings.

You can play with your upshifts,downshifts, and converter lock up to taylor the driveabilty as you like :eek:ldtu:

I set that one for you as well and it will be the same for all E4OD equipped Lightnings.

You can play with your upshifts,downshifts, and converter lock up to taylor the driveabilty as you like :eek:ldtu:

Oh ok. It just threw me off because it was showing a 3.55 gear, and only 27.5" tires. But it seems pretty close already with that ratio.

Oh ok. It just threw me off because it was showing a 3.55 gear, and only 27.5" tires. But it seems pretty close already with that ratio.

OK well that you DO need to change. It seems like you may have selected another program if you showing that gear and tire size. Down load the stock "lightning.btc" program and start over.

Your gear shifts and speed-o will be off with those settings

OK well that you DO need to change. It seems like you may have selected another program if you showing that gear and tire size. Down load the stock "lightning.btc" program and start over.

Your gear shifts and speed-o will be off with those settings

HA! It does help to have the right tunes :p. I started a new tune over. Not sure what was going on with it originally. Also had some older software, it was called "BTS" . Deleted that and downloaded the latest from Baumann's website. So far so good.....

No new info, but I love your avatar!

It really is pretty simple to tune once you start to play with it. Although Im curious what would be recommended settings for MPG? I have a mild tune for street and Ill make a more aggressive tune if I go to the track.

No new info, but I love your avatar!

It really is pretty simple to tune once you start to play with it. Although Im curious what would be recommended settings for MPG? I have a mild tune for street and Ill make a more aggressive tune if I go to the track.

howdy Chuck!!
what you been up to?

Hey! How've you been? Nothing to exciting her, just normal life. The truck runs and Ive driven it a few times this year but it needs a little of this and that. You know how it is. I may try to get to the track once this year.

IDK, just not real impressed with the Baummanator. You can't read back values entered nor does it seem to shift exactly the commands that are programmed to it. Maybe it is me but there is no sound literature on it to support it so I can use it to understand the functions.

IDK, just not real impressed with the Baummanator. You can't read back values entered nor does it seem to shift exactly the commands that are programmed to it. Maybe it is me but there is no sound literature on it to support it so I can use it to understand the functions.

Mine shifts exactly where commanded,down to 10 rpms.but only after ed did some modding to the wiring.I still have soft shifts,but it shifts fast.

Back