Bassani Off Road Pipe

B

Black95

What benefits would there be to installing a bassani offroad pipe on an otherwise stock truck. I'm looking for a little more high end pull and better sound. The stock system is just too quiet for my tastes.

From a performance standpoint nothing really. I had a friend describe the exhaust system like a garden hose, you only flow as much as the largest part. So if you have stock headers, and Bassani x pipe and stock cat back system, your perfomance will not pick up appreciably, but it would add a little something to your exhaust note. If you are only worried about sound, get the cat back system.

John Wilde

Funny you should ask. I just put a Bassani off-road x-pipe on my truck yesterday. I already had a flowmaster 2 chamber cat back system and now it's WAY LOUD. I'm going to ditch my new flows and buy the bassani cat back in hopes that it will quiet it down some. Don't get me wrong, it sounds GREAT (and mean as he- -), but there's no way that I won't get a ticket around here with this exhaust. It doesn't feel that it made much of a performance gain though.

Kyle

Hey wildone do you mean flow as much as the smallest part on the exhaust?

My truck was pretty close to stock when I added the off-road. My times went from 14.9x to 14.6x with a best of 14.56.
Your truck will be definatly louder, no way around that. If you are looking for the biggest single gain for under $500, the off-road pipe is it.

John Norris

I agree with the garden hose theory. However, I bet that even the crushbent stock headers and catback are not the bottleneck. It has to be the four cats.

The stock headers are good enough for a stock-headed, non-power-adder truck. I've seen trucks in the 13s still running the stock headers. The rest of the exhaust needs to go, though. The cat pipe stinks and the mufflers are only slightly better.

Later!
Jeff S.

I agree. I run a 6lb supercharger with stock exhaust and otherwise stock engine. I can honestly say that at and above this power level the exhaust is definately the weak link. When I'm on it hard, the exhaust system is screaming to get the spent gases out. There is definately a lot to be done here to help out. One of the main things to consider here is what is going to be your anticipated power level when you get your truck where you want it and plan your exhaust system accordingly from the start. Since exhaust mods are usually the first mod, ask yourself this question honestly and answer it honestly. For me I wanted to break into the 13's and have a quiet exhaust. So I have done nothing. I'm also 40 so I'm not into the loud scene, I like my music loud though. Would rather listen to Stairway to heaven than the drone of the loud Bassani. I heard my first semi full Bassani a few months back and it is way to loud for me. He had stock headers, Bassani flow through Cat pipe and large Nastruck muffler and tip.This is not for me. I recently crawled under the lightning and saw the stock mufflers were in good shape. They had 2.25" inlets and 2" outlets. The bends on the tailpipe are more like 1 7/8". I think a nice improvement when the mufflers go's south would be to add a Borla Catback and keep the Stock cats for now. My .02 Later

Back