Atco T&T Thursday 10/9

harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Who's up for Atco tomorrow night?

I got my freshened up JLP built trans and PST CF DS installed yesterday. I wanted to hit up Atco last night to get a shakedown pass before spookfest but I wasn't chancing the hour drive there with 50% chance of rain in the forcast....it probably didn't rain a drop with my luck LOL.

Anyway I drove the truck to work today, and I'm towing it to work tomorrow and hitting up Atco from work to get there when gates open. Anyone else up for meeting up there to either race or just hang out? I'm hoping to be there between 4:30-5:00 and I want to get 2 passes in and out of there by 7 or 8 at latest if possible.

It rained Josh, good call not coming. I saw plenty of cars on trailers driving home in the rain last night

well that makes me feel a little better about not going LOL

I'm all loaded up ready to go tonight. Towed it to work today so I can leave right from here.

Drove it to work yesterday and it drives perfect, shifts perfect, but trans temp was getting warm. Hit 199 on my way home from work which was higher than I recall. I changed the in-line filter, hopefully it was just clogged up restricting flow through the cooler???? I cut it open and the filter didn't look bad. And of course I fired it up this morning to load onthe trailer and my wideband went from perfect to flashing 30/o2 so I think my sensor **** the bed. Got a spare one in my box I'll swap it while I'm waiting before I make my first pass. Always something! I just want a few clean passes for 2014 and put the truck away running for the winter lol.

Anybody else coming tonight?

PERFECT night at Atco!!! Man I hadn't been there in a while I forgot how much better it is than Etown LOL

I swapped my wideband sensor in the entry lane waiting for gates to open since I was there early. That fixed the wideband.

Track was prepped pretty decently from what I could tell. I wasn't hitting it hard out of the hole because I just wanted some easy shakedown passes, and I haven't corrected my poor pinion angle that caused my broken ds in the first place (shims are on my work bench to install next weekend!), but didn't spin at all soft launching. Staging lanes looked like a rental lol. I thought for sure with there not being a T&T tomorrow, and the weather being so nice today, and Tuesday T&T being a rain out, that today would have been packed. I had maybe a 5 minute wait in the staging lanes!

One other red gen 2 L was there that pitted with me running 11.5's.

I ran semi-race weight. Bogarts and kirkey were on, but the tonneau/tailgate/heat exchanger/passenger seat/console/bench seat/etc. were still all in the truck. Easy 300-350 lbs of stuff.

I ran the mildest/tamest race tune I had just to take some baby steps of stepping it up a little at a time.

First pass, 3.5 upper (street pulley), 10.81 @ 127 1.57 sixty, nice and easy, nervous wreck with a knot in my stomach after a year of bad luck....cleannnnnnn pass!

Second pass, 3.2 upper (normally use a 3.0 for race pulley, so this was a middle ground), 10.56 @ 130 1.51 sixty, again nice and easy since the pinion angle isn't corrected yet, but I wanted to shove a little more boost at it and make sure it wasn't pushing out the cap......cleannnnnnnnn pass!

Third pass, same setup as 2nd, but no ice at all (only used 1/2 bag first two passes, instead of normal 1.5 bags), 10.67 @ 129 1.53 sixty. Nice and easy again, kept an eye on trans temps. Still getting warmer than they previously used to. I'm going to try replacing the OEM trans cooler and adding a small e-fan to it, but another cleannnnnnnn pass!

Half hour between each pass, so not full cool downs.

Take out 300+ lbs to full race weight, add another 2+ lbs to my 3.0 race pulley, give it a full cool down between passes, correct the pinion angle so I can safely nail it harder out of the hole, and load up a less pansy race tune, and it's back in it's normal E/T range. I expected 10.5's tonight in the configuration I ran, and I ran 10.5! Just happy I got 3 clean back to back to back passes and can race at spookfest!

Not going to go for kill there, still going to slowly work my way back up at it, but it's getting there! Going to get it in full race trim this weekend.

Good to hear Josh. I was thinking of going last night, but had too much stuff to do. Heading down to OCMD tonight and had to pack everything up. Can't wait til Spookfest. I'm ready to go!!!!!

Nice Josh. Glad it's working again. Trust me,I know about bad luck. Hopefully all will go well at spookfest.

Back