Anyone Invite "Trucks" to LightningFest??

tliss

Massta Tom
One of the guys from TALON (TP Derrick D....known to us as Derrick) thought of a brilliant idea, and wanted to see if it was in the works. Has anyone contacted "Trucks," the Spike TV series that is part of "Power Block" to invite them to do a segment on LightningFest? I know a lot of the people on this board watch that show...why not invite them to come to our event?

Dwight? What do you think? Here is an e-mail address to which you can send show ideas info@TrucksTV.com. I think this is a good show idea.

Tom

Last edited:
Hello Tom,

I am flying back from Finland today and will try to contact them when I am home. We have already contacted the Speed Channel and ESPN but so far no bites.:?

We will also ask Ford to help us this year in getting media coverage.

Kitos from Helsinki....Moi, Moi!

...Dwight...

Email to "Trucks"

This is a copy of the email I sent to "Trucks":

Hello Trucks TV,

We would like to invite your program to attend and cover our second annual all truck event. Last years event was called LightningFest 2003 and was held at Hartland Park Topeka (HPT) in September 2003 and was attended by over 150 Ford Lightning trucks.
The website for last years event can be viewed at:
www.LightningFest2003.com
The website for this years event is:
www.LightningFest2004.com
The National Lightning Owners Club (NLOC) website link is:
www.NLOC.net
The National Harley Truck Owners Club (NHTOC) website link is:
www.NHTOC.com

We expect to have 300+ trucks attend this year and will be the largest specialty truck event in the country. We have extended the event to three full days and one night this year. I am attaching the schedule for this year's event. I am also attaching the event Sponsor and Registration brochures for your information.

We will again have a Vendors Midway and so far have all of the major
Lightning Tuners/Vendors attending. The list of those Vendors attending
is:
  • Ford SVT/Racing
  • JDM Engineering
  • Johnny Lightning Products
  • Lightning Force Performance
  • Razors Edge Motorsports
  • Power Surge Performance
  • TCE Performance Products
  • and more....

We will have drag racing on Friday 24 September, and a BBQ Friday evening. Saturday 25 September, will again be drag racing and eliminations. Saturday evening , after the drag racing awards, the evening will be spend with open drag racing until 11 PM. Other fun events are also planned during Saturday evening....Worlds Fastest Motorized Scooter, Golf Cart Drags, Burnout contest.... Sunday 26 September's events will consist of, Open Track driving on the 2.1 mile road course, Autocross and the Truck Show. The event will end at 5 PM Sunday night.

Please review our websites and the attached information, and consider attending our event. Feel free to contact me by email or by phone.

...Dwight...

Dwight Dolliver
NLOC President
c 309-781-6318
h 309-762-8022

NLOC/NHTOC
PO Box 967
Moline, IL 61266

Let's see what response we get from Trucks TV:?

...Dwight...

Re: Email to "Trucks"

BigD said:
This is a copy of the email I sent to "Trucks":

Let's see what response we get from Trucks TV:?

...Dwight...

Thanks Dwight! Hopefully, since this thing is right up their alley, we'll hear something back from them. I sent an e-mail as well last week.

Tom

Back