AMAZON RACING in Edgewater Maryland

Blades

I was going to hold off on this, but have decided to post now. I have a 4R100 transmission in my F350 with 5.4l V8, 4.10 rears and 35" tires. I had Amazon Racing install a "Valve Body" and have noticed absolutely no difference for my $300.00+.

My friend has a Factory Tech Valve Body and his V-10 Excursion will slap you back in the seat. Both engines and trannys are otherwise stock. I know that there is a power difference between the two trucks, but my transmission has a ZERO difference.

Amazon Racing has stated that I need to get a Tuner made to up the line pressure to make the valve body do it's thing. Factory Tech says to leave transmission line pressure at factory levels.

I think that I may have gotten ripped off by Amazon. Any ideas? I have already emailed Gregg and may be installing a factory Tech valve body in March when I get my Mag-Hytec transmission pan.

Alan B. Please read and understand the post before you comment. I am stating that:
1. I paid Amazon Racing to improve the shifting in my 4R100 transmission.
2. The price I was quoted as "complete" was almost doubled when the bill came.
3. There has been no difference in transmission performance.
4. Amazon Racing states that the Tuner will make the difference.
5. My friend has a Factory Tech Valve Body in his stock Excursion.
6. It shifts MUCH firmer.
7. It runs MUCH cooler.
8. The Factory Tech Valve Body instructions state that the equipment is meant to be installed "as is" and NOT to up the line pressure with a tuner. That the tuner, (if used) should leave the transmission at the factory settings (per info obtained at the dieselsite).
9. WHY will one valve body operate with instantaneous results, and another requires a Tuner?
10. Why didn't Amazon Racing disclose the fact that I had to pay $400+ dollars for a "Custom Tuner" to get any difference out of the transmission?

AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, I ststed that I emailed Gregg, and WILL be installing a FTVB in the near future. NOWHERE did I state, claim, or otherwise affirm that I have purchased anything from Gregg. I INTEND to. Your misstatement of facts has the potential to snowball into a big fight. I do not want to be "Thrown under the bus" for accusing Gregg. Nor do I want him to be "Thrown under the bus" for your INTERPRETATIONS. You state that you know Rick, well, I do not. But, I do know that I paid for results, and results have not been forthcoming.

Back