advice on fuel injector and throttle body size

smkndsl

smkndsl
Just looking for some insight on what injectors and throttle body to run on a '93 with an f4 block with a stock mustang cam,1.7 rockers, ported gt40p heads milled for 9.5 to 1, and long tube headers with no cats and dynomax vt mufflers, and a johnny lightning tune-thanks

Just looking for some insight on what injectors and throttle body to run on a '93 with an f4 block with a stock mustang cam,1.7 rockers, ported gt40p heads milled for 9.5 to 1, and long tube headers with no cats and dynomax vt mufflers, and a johnny lightning tune-thanks

So, does JLP ship "off the shelf generic" tunes for the Gen1? Or did you bring your truck to PA? Is your truck still SD?
IMO, if your still speed density, stock displacement,non-boosted you really aren't playing with anything wild and a bigger throttle body and injectors will send you backwards from where you want to go. If forward and fast is where you want to go. You can't just slap bigger throttle bodies and injectors up in these truck in stockish form and not end up with results your not happy with.Again IMO, you need to up injector size and or throttle body size when you (A) go to a boosted application or (B) up your c.i.d.
And lets just say you beleive your best bet is to slap on a 90mm throttle body and 30 or 42 pound injectors, then you would definetly have to get a real tune to see any benefit if at all.
More fuel+more air obviously = more power but, in this ancient SD world it's just not that easy. If that's what your set on I would say go to a Mass-air system first and use parts calibrated for one another.
I personally run 30pound injectors and will be installing a 70mm throttle body soon but, I'm also running 400 cid and as soon as the bigger throttle body along with a head and cam swap get installed my truck will instantly go directly to the tuner. And I'm still SD.

Back