60 FT. Times

T

THNDRN

I just ran this past week-end and my 60 ft times are worse with my slicks, I thought I would improve? Before with stock Firehawks my best 60 ft was 2.00 with 9.58 on a 1/8 mi. track. Now with Firestone slicks 29.5-10.5-15 my 60 ft are 2.04 -2.08 also @9.58-9.59. I'm running 12psi in both slicks. Any ideas? Well I guess it didn't hurt me, I won $150 and 1st place in ET class at my local strip.
Does air temp. affect anybody else's truck as much as .3 in an 1/8. I started at about 9.81 at 5 o 'clock and at 11 I was running 9.58 9.59 consistantly. would a 180 thermostat help me ??
Thanks
Jarret Bencie
THNDRN #524 in '93
NLOC#429

Yea Mine gets a little faster as the night goes on.I think you might not have enough air in them slicks.Try it with 25 and work from there.I have a set of MCcreary street slicks and they hook the best at 30PSI.
If you have a spot where you can do some burnouts see what kind of marks you leave at different PSIs.
Where you spinning very bad on the stock tires?
Marcus Harrison
Team Powerdyne

Uh... I'll buy em....if you still have problems.....hope you get to sub 2.0 times
your truck may just not have enough power to need all of that grip
later
casey

THNDRN - at the risk of being obtuse, did you see a big temperature drop and did the barometric pressure / relative humidity change a lot? This has a big impact on how your truck runs.

The temp of the track should be a bit lower after sun sets cuz it's not heating up the concrete / asphalt and that plays into it as well.

re: tires - were you spinning on the 2.00 w/ street tires? If not, the slicks wouldn't help.

maybe it's too early for beer, and I shouldn't be typing. I forgot to say one other thing on the short times. While computations on tire size say your slicks should be about the same height as your street tires, you might want to measure their height and see if the street tires are a lot smaller in diameter. An inch means quite a bit here in effective gear ratio.

Back