List of Full Effect Lightnings?

Ieharris

I've read some people say that about 12-14 supercab Lightnings and maybe 2 quadcabs were built by Full Effect and that possibly 5-7 are still around. Has anyone ever tried to put together a list of the ones that are still out there? Has anyone ever documented the ones they built by color, production number, options and things like that?

Last edited:
I've read some people say that about 12-14 supercab Lightnings and maybe 2 quadcabs were built by Full Effect and that possibly 5-7 are still around. Has anyone ever tried to put together a list of the ones that are still out there? Has anyone ever documented the ones they built by color, production number, options and things like that?
That would be pretty awesome to do. A good portion might be identified in the build number thread.

We know immediately where 4 SCs and 1 QC is through club members, and there's the one black SC that's currently on auction, which comprises almost 50% of the trucks

We know immediately where 4 SCs and 1 QC is through club members, and there's the one black SC that's currently on auction, which comprises almost 50% of the trucks
That is about all I was able to find through searching these forums. Scott's ( 2 SC and one QC?) up in Washington, Roy's in California, I think maybe Robert, in Louisiana and the one at the auction. I actually bought the one from the auction so that one is now in Texas. It doesn't sound like there is much documentation on them so I was just trying to see if anyone had more information but I don't think there is much our there.

I did speak with Roy yesterday on the phone for a while and he had a little more information. Super nice guy.

Thanks for the reply though.

That is about all I was able to find through searching these forums. Scott's ( 2 SC and one QC?) up in Washington, Roy's in California, I think maybe Robert, in Louisiana and the one at the auction. I actually bought the one from the auction so that one is now in Texas. It doesn't sound like there is much documentation on them so I was just trying to see if anyone had more information but I don't think there is much our there.

I did speak with Roy yesterday on the phone for a while and he had a little more information. Super nice guy.

Thanks for the reply though.
If at all possible can you post the info you've gathered in the build number thread?

If at all possible can you post the info you've gathered in the build number thread?
I called the Ford SVT number last week to get the build number and I ordered the certificate. I forgot to ask the build date so I dont know that yet. As soon as I get the certificate I will add the build number and date to the thread. It was number 545 of all lightnings built in 1993. I am curious what number it is of the Full Effects built but I dont know that anyone has that information.

The white supercab lightning (late Scott and Jean) was not a full effect it was faithfully recreated at a later date by a previous owner. but not by full effect. The yellow super cab and crew cab their family has are full effect.
I also have a full effect super cab, see my gallery if interested.
I have the only (94) super cab that I have seen pics of atleast. all other super cabs I have seen were non airbag 93's. The white crew cab of the late Scott and jean was a 94 with airbag also.

Thanks for the information on yours and Scott's. I did look at your photos and I really like the additions you made. From what I can tell, mine is all stock with the exception of the wheels, radio and the extra pin stripe. I haven't 100% decided what I want to do with it yet, but hope to start on it in the next month or two.

I was told by a guy from Louisiana that worked at the shop that used to service my Lightning, that it had a supercharger on it at one time but it was removed. He didn't know why. I would like to possibly put one on it again but I'll just have to see what I can find when I get to that point.

It's interesting to see that Scott was in Washington and you are too. I lived in Issaquah, Puyallup and Kent from 1992-2007.

Raymomd, Wasnt there someone on here at one time that worked at FullEffect?
I kinda remember at one point, someone dropped a ton of new info about the FullEffect trucks. I could be wrong...

I have searched the forums a couple of times and found some information but I never saw anything posted by someone that worked at Full Effect. That would be awesome to find if it has been posted.

From what I've been told they didn't keep any records. The total number of trucks built that I was told 15 Supercab and 2 CrewCab was something I was told by Scott and I believe Roy had told him.

I know of 5 Supercab
Scott Yellow Truck 93
Roy Grabber Blue 93
Corey White truck 94
Black one from coparts 93
My White original black truck 93

Scott White Supercab is not a Fulleffects truck. It was converted by the original owner.

Then there's the CrewCab.

Thanks for the information on yours and Scott's. I did look at your photos and I really like the additions you made. From what I can tell, mine is all stock with the exception of the wheels, radio and the extra pin stripe. I haven't 100% decided what I want to do with it yet, but hope to start on it in the next month or two.

I was told by a guy from Louisiana that worked at the shop that used to service my Lightning, that it had a supercharger on it at one time but it was removed. He didn't know why. I would like to possibly put one on it again but I'll just have to see what I can find when I get to that point.

It's interesting to see that Scott was in Washington and you are too. I lived in Issaquah, Puyallup and Kent from 1992-2007.
One of the first things I noticed when I saw those pics a few months ago, it has a KenneBell coil bracket, the coil was relocated to clear the snout on the blower, and the intake plate missing, KB as with many other blowers were known to pop headgaskets if the owners didn't retard the timing or get a tune etc. I saw the auction listed mechanical as damage1, body as damage 2, that and low miles made me wonder if it had blown a head gasket, chipped a piston etc and got parked a long time.
Very curious to what, if any engine damage it may have. The truck is a unicorn, it's worth restoring well. I would guess it's the lowest mile full effect out there also, IMO.
mine being the highest mile probably at over 450 k miles or who knows, I had the odo do the reset on mine once that I saw, could have done it before ?? lol.
I grew up in Renton, been in Federal Way for last 22 years, you would be discusted to see how far this region has gone to chit since you left.

Hey guys on this full effect kick,
My truck had aftermarket carpet, since my truck has over 450k miles, didn't think much of it till now.
I bet our trucks got aftermarket carpets with the new cabs as a cost cutting option.
Curious if all you other guys have aftermarket carpets in yours??? or noticed anything else.
The only other oddity on mine I have found was, dyno mat in the roof, and the cab was a 93 or f250-350 spec, as it didn't have the tabs and welded nut certs for the airbag arming sensor in the rear cab corner.

One of the first things I noticed when I saw those pics a few months ago, it has a KenneBell coil bracket, the coil was relocated to clear the snout on the blower, and the intake plate missing, KB as with many other blowers were known to pop headgaskets if the owners didn't retard the timing or get a tune etc. I saw the auction listed mechanical as damage1, body as damage 2, that and low miles made me wonder if it had blown a head gasket, chipped a piston etc and got parked a long time.
Very curious to what, if any engine damage it may have. The truck is a unicorn, it's worth restoring well. I would guess it's the lowest mile full effect out there also, IMO.
mine being the highest mile probably at over 450 k miles or who knows, I had the odo do the reset on mine once that I saw, could have done it before ?? lol.
I grew up in Renton, been in Federal Way for last 22 years, you would be discusted to see how far this region has gone to chit since you left.
A guy from one of the Lightning groups on FB told me he works at a shop that did most of the service work on my Lightning when it was in Louisiana. He is the one that told me about the supercharger. He said he still has a lot of paperwork showing what all they did to the truck over the years and is going to send it to me this week. He doesn't know why the supercharger was removed or when but there may be something in the paperwork. I was worried about the "mechanical" damage that was listed by Copart but still decided to take the chance on it. When it was delivered the transport guy said the put a jump box on it, started it and drove it on the trailer. He did the same thing to take it off the truck. I put a battery in it and it starts right up, idles smooth and sounds good just driving it up and down my driveway but I haven't driven it on the road yet since the tires are rotten. I haven't had time yet to do much more than that so far but hope to spend some time on it next week. I have a friend that works at LMR in Waco and that is where I had it dropped of initially since the transport couldn't fit down my road. You should have seen the crowd by the time it was unloaded. There was no work being done for at least an hour.
I did commercial refrigeration work when I lived in that area and did about 90% of my work in the supermarkets and warehouses in the Chinatown area. From what I have heard, that area and most of downtown are not good places anymore. I really miss a lot about living in that area but glad I missed the craziness that went on a few years ago and what a lot of it has become. My dad still lives in Issaquah so I do visit occasionally but I mostly stay around there or in the mountains hiking.

Hey guys on this full effect kick,
My truck had aftermarket carpet, since my truck has over 450k miles, didn't think much of it till now.
I bet our trucks got aftermarket carpets with the new cabs as a cost cutting option.
Curious if all you other guys have aftermarket carpets in yours??? or noticed anything else.
The only other oddity on mine I have found was, dyno mat in the roof, and the cab was a 93 or f250-350 spec, as it didn't have the tabs and welded nut certs for the airbag arming sensor in the rear cab corner.
I will have to remove the headliner when the roof is repaired so I will see if I have dyno mat on the roof. My carpet looks really good as does all of the interior so I may not pull anything else apart any time soon but if I do I will document anything unusual that I find. Did your carpet have a manufactures name on it or how can I verify if it is Ford if I pull it up?
I did talk on the phone with Roy from California a few days ago for about an hour and he has a lot of information about these trucks. One thing that he thought may be different about mine is the center seat. Mine has 4 small (about the same size as the plastic console has)cup holders in the top of it instead of the two small and one large that his truck has. He said he has never seen the 4 small ones.

From what I've been told they didn't keep any records. The total number of trucks built that I was told 15 Supercab and 2 CrewCab was something I was told by Scott and I believe Roy had told him.

I know of 5 Supercab
Scott Yellow Truck 93
Roy Grabber Blue 93
Corey White truck 94
Black one from coparts 93
My White original black truck 93

Scott White Supercab is not a Fulleffects truck. It was converted by the original owner.

Then there's the CrewCab.
Does anyone know how many of each color was made? One cool thing I found in my truck when it arrived is a copy of Fast Ford magazine in the console from December 1993. It had a 1993 black Full Effect supercab in it. My guess is he carried it around to show to everyone that told him it was not a real Lightning. The truck in the magazine doesn't have the ground effects on it so I don't think it is my truck unless the ground effects were added after the pictures were taken. It may be your truck?
I also fund the original registration from June 17, 1993 with Full Effect listed as the owner and the original warranty card with Full Effect on it too. Also had about 10 of Bill Thomas' business cards in it.

Some of the things I found in the truck.

Attachments

• 20220930_152751.jpg
    20220930_152751.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220930_152746.jpg
    20220930_152746.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220930_085335.jpg
    20220930_085335.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220930_153215.jpg
    20220930_153215.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 23
Jamie asked me to respond to this post. First here's a link about the center seats:

Here's a link with some history about my truck:

Don't have a lot more info to post other than what has been posted above.
I've been in a wheelchair for the last 7.5 months with a bad knee so I have been spending some time going through the thousands of magazines, pictures and literature trying to get together all the Lightning info I can and will try to post it when I get a chance. It's interesting but I have been doing more work on all the vehicles than before I ended up in the wheelchair šŸ™ƒ my wife says that's because I can't leave the house to go help others so she keeps me home šŸ¤£

Everyone take care and be safe, Roy

Back